Saturday 29 March 2014

A lovely little thought for the day

I know this is not my usual style, but I was so taken with this story, I thought I'd share it with you.

There is a travel blogger called 'Crazy Sexy Fun Traveller'. It's not quite what it sounds like, she's a travel blogger who writes in both English and Slovakian (I think). This little story came up on her facebook page. She's currently in Central America, and she asked the staff of the resort she's featuring ''What makes you happy every day?'' She repeatedly received an answer along the lines of ''When I can wake up, I am grateful for another day of life.''

This should probably be the first thought that comes into our minds everyday.

Hope you all enjoy this very precious day.





Linking up this old post with #HappyTuesday

14 comments:

  1. I think that's a good ritual to adopt, Lydia.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely simple thing. Other cultures seem to enjoy things so much simpler than we do.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Perfect. Thank you for sharing! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is so true isn't it! We should be grateful to wake up each day. It really is that simple.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a lovely story - thank you so much for sharing !
    Have a great week.
    Me xox

    ReplyDelete
  6. So true, we should all be grateful for our lives, and the ones we get to share them with!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's lovely. Thanks for the reminder to be grateful for each day :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. A beautiful way to look at life.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awesome outlook in the morning, being grateful right off the bat. I'm so going to wake up with this attitude tomorrow, I need it xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. That definitely should be the first thing we think of but often it isn't and our minds are crowded with all the things we have to do. I'm going to try to remember this!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very true ... every day is another day to live

    ReplyDelete
  12. A very beautiful story and thought. I must remember this when I wake up tomorrow. My first thought is usually "is it morning already?!?!?!". This sounds like a better alternative.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful shot and this is exactly what I think of each day when I wake up. When you're 71 you're thankful for each day.

    Thank you for joining the Happy Tuesday Blog Hop.

    Have a fabulous Happy Tuesday. ♥

    ReplyDelete