Wednesday 2 December 2015

Who gives a crap this Christmas? Kriskringle Edition

I'm in a number of groups - two book clubs, a mah jong group and a few others, and every Christmas, we get together for celebrations and I like to give little gifts - just tokens, like nice soaps, Christmas pasta, hand creams etc. This year, I'm giving paper - but not just any paper. Toilet paper.

It's festively wrapped, and all good things for the environment, and the best part, has a charity arm too. So it's win-win all round. I'm figuring my friends will find it funny, and I'm not filling up the world with more things they don't need. You'll find it at Who Gives a Crap.


I did manage to get these super cute decorations for $1.00 a piece at Papaya so they'll get one of those too.


Lastly, I've discovered the perfect useful Kris Kringle shop - The Chef & The Cook. They have a myriad of chocolates from around the world, plus the festive Freckleberry range, under $10. They also have spices, sauces and delectable delights you don't find elsewhere. One of the kids is mad for Christmas Crackers and they have the most amazing collection - from high end glamour ones of the 12 days of Christmas to these super cool magic ones that include magic tricks as the prizes.


Are you hunting around for a Kriskringle gift? What are you thinking of getting?
And don't for get the It's in the Bag toiletries are to be dropped off before the 11th.

Add your  Christmas posts, old or new:


Linking with #FYBF and #UltimateRabiitHole

21 comments:

  1. LOL, Thanks for giving a crap. I love that toilet paper!
    And I finally blogged about Christmas so I could join your linky. Winning!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those boys at 'Who Gives a Crap' are genuis. Love what they're doing and for such a good cause! :-) Linking up the only post I can think of that is a little bit Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I discovered them in a restaurant - I thought it was a great idea.

      Delete
  3. Now that is not a crappy idea - love it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ha! What a great idea. It's lovely to exchange small useful presents just to say "I remember and I care".

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I give out lots to book groups and mah Jong group etc, but only little tokens, yet that makes those that don't uncomfortable, even tho each year I bring them and they don't (if it worried me, I'd stop bringing them???) I just like to, as I enjoy my time with them...

      Delete
  5. I have heard of this loo paper. Great initiative! I'll have a Christmas post ready for next week :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the toilet paper idea, I had a chuckle when I saw that so I am sure your friends will too. Love the Christmas Link up and have a great Christmas Lydia

    ReplyDelete
  7. haha your friends will love that Kris Kringle. Great idea

    ReplyDelete
  8. If your friends don't find it funny I am sure they will be too polite to say so.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They can feel virtuous instead...

      Delete
    2. I gave it to the first lot - they all thought it was hilarious. One woman knew the company so she said "I love that company - it's so great!" when she say it in her bag. I don't think many people my age are greedy about presents, at least not ones I know. You had me worried it wouldn't be well received...

      Delete
  9. Can't go wrong with toilet paper as a Kris Kringke gift. Love that it's the gift that keeps giving.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great suggestions. And thank you for alerting me to It's in the Bag - what an awesome initiative.

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ha. I love this idea :) I'd find it pretty funny to receive this as a gift but also happy knowing it's helping other people too

    ReplyDelete
  12. Haha, love the Who Gives A Crap loo paper! And you're right, at least it's useful! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a cracking idea for a KrisKringle present and the decorations are super cute too! Winning!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Some people just think outside the box. Great KK ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love the toilet paper, haha. I am still thinking about what to get family for Christmas. Not heading home for Christmas gives me a little extra time, because 12 months obviously isn't enough.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I had no idea that toilet paper was a fundraiser as well. I was at my local op shop today and they had a Christmas table set up. Some fab stuff on it too.

    ReplyDelete