Thursday 20 July 2017

Can't live without....

Realistically we can live without a lot. I started to answer this prompt quite differently however last night, I had a realisation. I've organised 2 group events in the last week, and the logistics and rudeness of some people was getting on my nerves. I decided I'd wait until there was some reciprocation before bothering to do it again. And then I saw a stunning photo of the igloo bar that popped up in Sydney (see here if you don't know what I'm talking about).  I instantly forgot how jack I was of the effort involved and set to work on planning the next escapade.

So I can't live without something on the horizon to look forward to. I need to make things happen for me. And I do. I understand it's my FOMO as discussed before. I like my FOMO, as it gets me out and about and exploring...It keeps me busy and distracted from the problems and difficulties of my real world.

As for the igloos? Got some numbers, waiting on the cost (and how many people I need to carouse to make it possible.) Fingers crossed and I hope you see an enviable insta post soon!!

What can't you live without?

Linking with #lifethisweek. A big welcome back to the amazing Denyse who seems to be recovering at a rate I would never have imagined (or is a dedicated dynamo!) Also linking with #KALCOLS #Nanahood & #OpenSlather


10 comments:

  1. I love that you admit to your FOMO! I have to say I can't live without seeing people and getting out and about. Especially theatre and culture. But time with my friends is something I just couldn't live without. I need to see people to keep me sane. #KCACOLS

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes I agree. Life is a series of events to looks forward to, it's what keeps us going. I love having something on the horizon :)

    Di from Max The Unicorn

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am the same, I always need a goal or something to look forward too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I SO WANT TO GO to one of these ice bars! There's one in Melbourne and I have still not made the effort.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like yor drive! I actually have to talk myself down from all the things I would love to do around the community. I can't live without something to do, whether that be something to photograph, grow or make.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So true, something amazing on the horizon is a key reason for living in my book.

    SSG xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think not wanting to miss out on having something on the horizon to look forward to is completely understandable. Far better to have something positive to anticipate and look forward to than not! The ice bar sounds amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for linking up at NanaHood! Do keep looking forward!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you so much for linking up for #lifethisweek 28/52. As it is my first week back since major surgery and I am very much in recuperative mode, I am leaving this general comment on your blog this week. Many thanks for your support of my blog and my recovery, Denyse x
    Next Week's Prompt: Winter.

    ReplyDelete
  10. There's only one thing I can't live without and that's coffee! I'd even have to choose it overwine and that's how you know it's really important to me!!! Thanks so much for linking up at #KCACOLS. Hope you come back again next time.

    ReplyDelete