Wednesday 30 August 2017

First of the Month Fiction - September

I am very late this month - I am running around like a mad thing. So quick version.
Write a story in 100 words exactly or less than 30 words. Add it to the comments then link your blog if you have one.

Will be open until 15th Sept, due to late posting.

"You look tired"
"I don't sleep well at night" the little boy stated glumly.
"Are you a vampire?" she asked with a grin.
For the first time in two years, the little boy laughed. "Of course not!. I don't even like the taste of my own blood!"
"That's good to hear. I'd hate you to turn into a vampire, because you'd miss all this glorious sunshine."
The boy smiled and the eyes showed a connection, an opportunity to ask more. "So what thoughts are keeping you awake?" the teacher broached casually.
Sometimes the first chip in a wall comes unexpectedly.

Linking with #TwinklyTuesday #DreamTeamBlogger #MummyMondays #LifeThisWeek (off topic, sorry),Paula's No Rules Link Party & #Blogger's Pitstop


Your turn!


5 comments:

  1. Ooh, are you going to be adding to this story? I'm intrigued!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooooh! What's next?

    My story intro:

    She squatted on the floor and pulled the carpet by its tatty corner and tugged, tentatively at first, then leaning back on her heels she yanked with complete abandon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oooh. You can see a full emotional scale in that...holding it all in and then riding the wave...

      Delete
  3. Oh wow. You clever creative person. I like your ideas. Thank you for linking up for #lifethisweek 34/52. Next Week's prompt: LTW is ONE!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm intrigued! A definite page turner there. More please! Thanks for linking to #DreamTeam x

    ReplyDelete