Short and sweet for #WordlessWednesday #NaturesNotes and #AwwMondays
That is a beautiful butterfly. I briefly tried to ID it and couldn't. My iPhone photo app said it may have been a painted lady. Your country has a lot of butterflies my doesn't, and I'm far from an expert on ours. Oh well!
It is a Painted Lady.
I did not know butterflies varied country to country. How interesting. I guess I just never thought about it.
Lovely photos of the Painted Lady, it's fun to see butterflies open and close their wings like that, trying to confuse predators I think!
Oh a painted lady...love the butterflies...Michelle....
Very nice! They are magical creatures, aren't they?
Interesting capture--I like how the butterfly colours blend in with the surroundings.
That is a beautiful butterfly. I briefly tried to ID it and couldn't. My iPhone photo app said it may have been a painted lady. Your country has a lot of butterflies my doesn't, and I'm far from an expert on ours. Oh well!
ReplyDeleteIt is a Painted Lady.
DeleteI did not know butterflies varied country to country. How interesting. I guess I just never thought about it.
DeleteLovely photos of the Painted Lady, it's fun to see butterflies open and close their wings like that, trying to confuse predators I think!
ReplyDeleteOh a painted lady...love the butterflies...Michelle....
ReplyDeleteVery nice! They are magical creatures, aren't they?
ReplyDeleteInteresting capture--I like how the butterfly colours blend in with the surroundings.
ReplyDelete