Follow by email:

Friday, 17 March 2017

Autumn



I tend to think in 2 seasons only - Summer and Winter. Other than brief attention the the cherry blossom in Spring, I do sometimes seek out the changing leaves in Autumn. The best place to do this is in the Southern Highlands, Canberra or Blue Mountains. I know it happens everywhere but to get the trees in all their glory, with mountain views over colourful valleys, as a creature of habit, that's where we head.


Alas the Bundanoon YHA is no more and our weekend booked for May has been canceled...If I could shave down the size of the group, I'd love to head to the glorious Rift in Bowral. The treelined roads would be simply stunning as the leaves turn red.

A day trip to Bilpin and Mt Tomah may have to suffice or even a round trip to Leura. I will have to discover a new place that will fit our group of 30.


“Autumn is a second spring when every leaf is a flower.” as described by Camus. Do you seek out the changing leaves? Where do you go for those firey bursts of red and orange?

Linking with #MummyMondays

14 comments:

  1. We don't really see much of the leaves turning in autumn here in Brisbane which is a shame as it does look very pretty.

    Big group for a trip, hopefully you can find somewhere for everyone to stay! Shame the place you booked has closed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a huge group! Maybe you can book out a whole place and get some kind of discount ;)

    I've loved Autumn in California, I walk to work through a grove of trees and I'm like a kid crunching through all those leaves.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Best of luck with the planning for your group trip! I agree, you should get a discount given the size of your booking.

    SSG xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Autumn in the highlands, mountains & Canberra is indeed gorgeous. Like you I tend to think in 2 seasons too- with autumn & spring being a brief couple of weeks in between each.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh yes, I love these colours and don't have them in Brisbane. Autumn and Spring are definitely my favourite seasons but then I think that is the case for most people. Thanks for the glorious images and have a great week.
    Sue from Sizzling Towards 60 & Beyond.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I seek out the changing leaves. Absolutely. And I photograph them - up close. BUt we're often away in April school holidays which is usually when the leaves are at their best in the ACT so I often miss out! Not this year though. This year we're staying fairly local. So look out for the photos!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love all the different shades of colour on the trees.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely places you mention and photos too. I used to drive up Bells Line of Road to Bilpin quite a bit to take pics and only found Mt Tomah in latter years. Love the differences in the climate there. The Botanic gardens are magical. Thanks for linking up for #lifethisweek 12/52. Next week: 3 Month Review 2017.

    ReplyDelete
  9. The Blue Mountains is amazing in autumn...I love the colour of the leaves! What happened to Bundanoon YHA? I was hoping to head for a weekend away in the highlands sometime this year but now I'm worried... :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sold. It's being turned into a resort or something :(

      Delete
  10. Beautiful captures of Autumn, even if it's short lived. Thank you for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love Autumn leaves, they are so pretty! Love that it's not as hot too :)

    Di from Max The Unicorn

    ReplyDelete
  12. You have lovely photos. I'm starting to miss Canberra.

    Jacq
    jacqwritesworld.com

    ReplyDelete