Friday 17 March 2017

Autumn



I tend to think in 2 seasons only - Summer and Winter. Other than brief attention the the cherry blossom in Spring, I do sometimes seek out the changing leaves in Autumn. The best place to do this is in the Southern Highlands, Canberra or Blue Mountains. I know it happens everywhere but to get the trees in all their glory, with mountain views over colourful valleys, as a creature of habit, that's where we head.


Alas the Bundanoon YHA is no more and our weekend booked for May has been cancelled...If I could shave down the size of the group, I'd love to head to the glorious Rift in Bowral. The treelined roads would be simply stunning as the leaves turn red.

A day trip to Bilpin and Mt Tomah may have to suffice or even a round trip to Leura. I will have to discover a new place that will fit our group of 30.


“Autumn is a second spring when every leaf is a flower.” as described by Camus. Do you seek out the changing leaves? Where do you go for those firey bursts of red and orange?

Linking with #Blogtober for the Camus quote (prompt 13)

20 comments:

  1. We don't really see much of the leaves turning in autumn here in Brisbane which is a shame as it does look very pretty.

    Big group for a trip, hopefully you can find somewhere for everyone to stay! Shame the place you booked has closed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a huge group! Maybe you can book out a whole place and get some kind of discount ;)

    I've loved Autumn in California, I walk to work through a grove of trees and I'm like a kid crunching through all those leaves.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Best of luck with the planning for your group trip! I agree, you should get a discount given the size of your booking.

    SSG xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Autumn in the highlands, mountains & Canberra is indeed gorgeous. Like you I tend to think in 2 seasons too- with autumn & spring being a brief couple of weeks in between each.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh yes, I love these colours and don't have them in Brisbane. Autumn and Spring are definitely my favourite seasons but then I think that is the case for most people. Thanks for the glorious images and have a great week.
    Sue from Sizzling Towards 60 & Beyond.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I seek out the changing leaves. Absolutely. And I photograph them - up close. BUt we're often away in April school holidays which is usually when the leaves are at their best in the ACT so I often miss out! Not this year though. This year we're staying fairly local. So look out for the photos!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love all the different shades of colour on the trees.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely places you mention and photos too. I used to drive up Bells Line of Road to Bilpin quite a bit to take pics and only found Mt Tomah in latter years. Love the differences in the climate there. The Botanic gardens are magical. Thanks for linking up for #lifethisweek 12/52. Next week: 3 Month Review 2017.

    ReplyDelete
  9. The Blue Mountains is amazing in autumn...I love the colour of the leaves! What happened to Bundanoon YHA? I was hoping to head for a weekend away in the highlands sometime this year but now I'm worried... :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sold. It's being turned into a resort or something :(

      Delete
  10. Beautiful captures of Autumn, even if it's short lived. Thank you for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love Autumn leaves, they are so pretty! Love that it's not as hot too :)

    Di from Max The Unicorn

    ReplyDelete
  12. You have lovely photos. I'm starting to miss Canberra.

    Jacq
    jacqwritesworld.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thay's a beautiful tree. Have a nice week

    Much❤🕊❤love

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow ! The Mountains are spectacular and the autumn color on trees is magnificent. Thanks for joining in Garden Affair.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Autumn brings great colors, it's so beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your autumn is so colorful and beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful photos - the autumn leaves are a spectacular colour.

    ReplyDelete
  18. So lovely to see these pictures from the other side of the world!

    ReplyDelete