Thursday 6 September 2012

Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.

I was going to call this simply "En garde" which would probably work better to promote it (catching the attention of all those who wondered what they had to be on guard for...but when you're on thin ice, you might as well dance, I say).
So to bring those that didn't read about the shooting idea, and the start of THE LIST (read here) up to speed - I am doing a 40 after 40 list, inspired by the wonderful Emily Kaufman, The Travel Mom (but you need to help me with a better list name, as I've stolen that from another blogger (Home Life Simplified) and really need to come up with my own title (as I may not stop at 40, may just keep going endlessly - run for cover!!).
So the shooting is booked for 13th October, and today, out of nowhere (Travelzoo) an email came in offering discounted beginners classes to fencing.
And that was my A-HA! moment. Number 2. I'd love to try that. I click on the details to make it's not too far away, and believe it or not, it's 1 km from my house! Seriously I would drive past it about 4 times a day. I have NEVER seen it. How is this possible? You would think, if I drove past something 20 times a week, 960 times a year, that I might have spotted it ONCE?! Which is why I can tell you now I'd be an unreliable witness.
So I've got my voucher, will get to the lessons once school holidays finish. I actually also have a list, because one thing does not a list make...

Torshlusspanik List (I really need help with this title!)
1. Shooting
2. Fencing
Fugu is not making the list.
I hope I am as excited by the actual fencing as I am by the IDEA of fencing..."So the next time we meet, I will not fail. I will go up to the six-fingered man and say, "Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die."

No comments:

Post a Comment