Saturday 22 September 2018

Christmas is coming....


It's 100 days until Christmas. Less by the time you read this.
What?
Where did 2018 go?
So, when I saw there was a free gift with purchase, I decided to start my xmas shopping.
I have a friend having rather a rough time at the moment through no fault of her own, we are just at the age where life can become exceedingly difficult. So while I don't normally get her a big gift, I headed to L'Occitane and got her their advent calendar. So every day in December, she'll have a little treat and hopefully a little pick-me-up to make her smile.
As for the free gift? It will be my MIL's present, as it's perfect for a traveller like her. I consider part of what I paid for the advent calendar the cost of the 'gift with purchase' so I don't consider it a free gift at all (in case that makes me look bad)*.

Do you like Advent calendars? Have you started thinking about Christmas?

Linking with #Lifethisweek and #Nanahood
*and we did just buy her a $100 pillow for no reason at all. I'm worried I look like a terrible person!!!

9 comments:

  1. That is such a nice idea. Lucky friend :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not even close to a terrible person! Lucky friend and MIL, they're going to be happy gift recipients this Christmas. Also, arrgh, Christmas already? How?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your friend and MIL would appreciate your thoughtful gifts.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm sticking my fingers in my ears and singing a loud "lalalala!" about the whole Christmas thing but this is so grogeous of you. I am sure your friend who is struggling will be so appreciative and your MIL will be thrilled.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous idea! And the free gifts are usually pretty good there...as for Christmas is coming? lalalalalalala

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sold! Getting the L'Occitane advent calendar this year. And a Lego one for my son.

    SSG xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think we're all grown out of lego ones in this house - I loved them. And the playmobil ones....now it's trickier.

      Delete
  7. I love that you did this. Advent calendars were part of our Christmas fun for our kids, and then they do the same with their kids. I love seeing my traditions live on.

    Thank you for linking up for #lifethisweek. Next week's optional prompt is Share Your Snaps! Denyse

    ReplyDelete