Thursday 2 December 2021

“If you are in a bad mood go for a walk.If you are still in a bad mood go for another walk.” ― Hippocrates







I finally got back on the bay run and it felt good. I have to push myself a bit more, and go even if my buddy cancels. 


The weather was perfect and I felt great for the rest of the day.



























I must make more effort to go for walks near water. There's something so uplifting about it. It's the quickest way to lift my mood. And the cheapest.


Do you have different places to exercise?


For those that remember in lockdown, I was planting without purpose - simply planting seeds to see what happened. Obviously all that talk by the Premier of 'green shoots' had a subliminal effect on me.

There are flowers blooming and even a tomato!



I'm not even sure of what some of them are, where the 'seed bombs' are flourishing. Anyone got any ideas what this is?




















However, none compare to the purples in the street at the moment. A delight to behold on the dog walks. The air is fragrant with gardenia and roses too at the moment. The small circuit  we stroll is elating at the moment with this floral bounty. 





Linking with #Blogtober

15 comments:

  1. Beautiful shots. I love the color blue. Beautiful.

    Have a fabulous day and rest of the week. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. I try to walk 3 times or so per week. It always improves my mood. Wish I lived closer to a body of water. That would REALLY be nice!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love walking in the woods. It uplifts and calms me as well. I like your adventurous spirit on sowing seeds.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love Hydrangeas. I've seen both pink and blue varieties but the latter is my favourite.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful skies and flowers. It’s a kind of visual rapsodie in blue …. And thank you for the beautiful Shelley’s poem I didn’t know

    ReplyDelete
  6. a beautiful day for a walk and I love the flowers, pink sky, and palm.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well done with the run. I also love how I feel rest of the day after a good run or walk. I usually go to our local park or walk on the treadmill if it is after dark. Everything looks beautiful, and gorgeous hydrangeas.

    -Soma

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such beautiful colors and I love to walk around any place that has water. Thanks for hosting and I hope that you have a wonderful week.

    ReplyDelete
  9. ...thanks for the preview of summer on this dark rainy day!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely photos, Lydia. The little flower you ask about is a white form of the (usually orange) Californian poppy.
    I love going for walks and fortunately there are several nature reserves and Parklands by waterways close to where I live.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh! how lovely that will be if more bloom. Thanks! I downloaded some plant app bu then forgot about it.

      Delete
  11. I love the Hippocrates quote, and your photos!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hydrangeas are superb, I noted the beautiful bloom of cornflower. Thanks for sharing with Garden Affair.

    ReplyDelete
  13. The flowers are so cheery.....Michelle

    ReplyDelete