Friday 15 December 2017

First of the Month Fiction - January

This will remain open until February, when I return online. Hope you all have a wonderful break and happy holiday season.

For newbies, write a story in 100 words exactly, or one less than 30 words in the comments, then link your blog.

Mine is 100 words:

It wasn’t quite the birth experience she’d imagined. She hadn’t be able to get into her first choice. It all seemed a little unsanitary but they’d thankfully survived. She smiled lovingly at her husband, who had been incredibly supportive, even though she told him the babe wasn’t his child. Not once did he falter in his devotion.

Around her, everything seemed aglow and the brilliant lightness she felt permeated around her. The baby smiled. Suddenly three strange men from afar appeared bearing gifts. How had they known, she wondered? 
Apparently her small miracle birth shone glory on the whole world.



Happy Christmas everyone.

Linking with #TwinklyTuesday


7 comments:

  1. Haha, love the twist at the end! Have a great Christmas Lydia x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh what a beautiful take on the Christmas story! :) I didn't see it coming!

    Have a very merry Christmas :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you had a good Christmas. I'm sorry for being late with comments. Greetings from Poland.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for your comment of Feb. 26 - I don't know how to navigate to see if you have newer posts than last year Dec.:) Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha! That will teach me to be lazy. Click the title bar for the latest, but at I wild stab I probably dropped in from a photo link up. Nonetheless, old or new, it’s all good ;) Many thanks for swinging by

      Delete
  5. A fantastic site with content that is interesting, this is precisely what I want. Thank you for making this site, and I will be seeing again. Rarely do I come across a blog norton.com/setup
    www.norton.com/setup

    ReplyDelete
  6. i like this blog this is very intrested blog and blogger is also good

    ReplyDelete