Monday 7 March 2016

International Women's Day - what to do

Today is apparently International Women's Day. I know this because my FB feed is packed with feel good memes celebrating women.

I would ask you, if you want to celebrate, to write to the Govt about the funding for Women's Refuges, or donate to one (I picked Lou's Place at random for the link - google Women's Refuges for a list if you prefer a religious based charity), donate to Share the Dignity :It's In the Bag or do something for another women's charity.

Or treat yourself. L'Occitaine has a shea butter balm with 100% of the proceeds going to help women in Burkina Faso for a mere $6 or buy something from Rafiki Mwema or if you know any stockists of Angkor Recycled, give them a shout out (their bags are fabulous, by the way). Oxfam has a range that help women in communities around the world.

Feel free to add other ideas in the comments.

All I ask, is that before you post a meme in celebration of women, you actually help women. Together we can make it a meaningful day.

Linking with #Shelbeeontheedge

5 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent suggestions and I agree.

    ReplyDelete
  3. All great charities to support & a great message.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good idea!! I completely missed it all. I was hidden away doing my writing.

    ReplyDelete