Thursday 25 August 2016

When I'm sad....

When I'm sad, my go to pick me up is Galantis. Stop laughing. In the car, I put on Smile and blare it out, singing with conviction (obviously this is when I'm alone in the car, otherwise it would make other people sad). It is amazing how quickly that works to 'reset'. If you want some variation, go with Sunset Jesus, and have Avicii remind you that if you ' breathe for a little, breathe for a little, I'll be okay'. The important thing is to sing, and sing loudly. It does lift your spirits amazingly fast. (Another instant mood elevator is to clap - I have no idea why but you can't clap sadly.)

I went to a research talk at Macquarie Uni and as an aside the speaker said that it's now proven that exercise 3-4 times a week has the same benefit as an anti-depressant. So while all this stair running has been good for me, I better make sure I commit to some sort of exercise to replace it now that I've finished traversing the fire stairs on a regular basis.







Today I'm not sad, but I am flat. I'm tired and a little stressed, and I have a cold coming on. So to cheer myself up (and get rid of the cold) I spoiled myself with some $5 flowers that smell nice (so I keep sniffing them in the kitchen), some garlic olives that I'm scarfing down as 'medicine' and some grapefruit juice for vitamins...Not high end luxury but luxuries none the less, and no doubt should see me fighting fit tomorrow....





What do you do when you're sad?

Obviously, I'm not a doctor. If you are regularly sad then maybe have a chat with a doctor or Beyondblue  or call Lifeline.

Linking with #NaturesNotes for the flowers in the top!



12 comments:

  1. I usually try to distract myself by going for a walk, calling my mum, reading or listening to music

    ReplyDelete
  2. Music, walking amongst nature, singing... have been go-to's in the past. Now I tend to go within and ask where it's coming from and why... then I deal with it by writing. I usually follow-up with picking a card from an oracle deck for confirmation. Blessings ♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love to indulge in bit of time out and a hot cup of tea.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Exercise is the best thing for me. Especially because I tend to over indulge in my beloved cakies. I do love music and I should probably mix it up and listen to something in this decade for a change LOL

    ReplyDelete
  5. Chocolate, a snooze, a good cry and some TLC from the hubster help me when I have the "sads" ... Luckily not something I have to deal with very often.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Music and exercise are my go-tos as well. Congrats on the stair challenge - I hope you find an alternate challenge to replace it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. love little things like this to cherry yourself up. I like to listen to music and just have some time out being in nature #KCACOLS

    ReplyDelete
  8. Always music for me! Something uplifting, lyrical and dancey! Brings back good memories! #KCACOLS

    ReplyDelete
  9. The sads are hard. You seem to have found something good for you in the exercise thing. Good on you. I find I need to acknowledge the sadness and let a tear or three happen and then go outside for a walk in nature. I do my art and like to remember that things do get better. It can be hard when I am in that frame of mind though!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I like to wallow in my emotion and enjoy it, regardless how awe full it is, because I believe every emotion is unique to the situation #KCACOLS

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ah music helps me reset too. If it's in the kitchen while I am cooking something or dreaded cleaning, it helps.
    I've had a chest cold for nearly two weeks, I just want it to be over. Sipping a red wine hot toddy right now, I hope it does something!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I don't tend to get sad - I get anxious. And I must admit I am not very good at managing it. Some exercise would probably help as my go to relief at the moment is probably chocolate! Thanks so much for linking with #KCACOLS. We hope you come back next week.

    ReplyDelete