Wednesday 26 June 2019

What would be in your box?

The Moon at the PACT theatre
We've been watching the latest installment of 7 Up - 63 Up. I found myself wanting them to be happy. I wanted them to be content. Strangely, it really mattered to me.We discussed if the forced introspection and putting your life on show every seven years made you more at peace with your lot, as many of them seemed happier at 63 than they had previously.

Then last night I saw a great little play, I hope it's not raining in London (in Sydney until the 29th and then on tour). It made me think about what would be my defining moments? What objects would represent me?

I don't have the answers yet but it's interesting to think about.

So this week I'm grateful for ideas and introspection.

What are you loving this week?

Linking with #TheRandom #MCOW and #Nanahood

PS The play review is here. No spoilers.


8 comments:

  1. I just went in to have a look at the synopsis of the play - the idea of memories invested in the objects in shoeboxes is an interesting one & I have no idae what would be in mine...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brings up interesting questions. I wonder what my kids would keep after I'm gone to remind them of me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Is that the English version? I saw the first episode and some of the participants. I enjoyed it and yes, it certainly forced them to consider stuff that we might otherwise not. Or - if you're like - think you're miserable, but when you have to articulate the last 7yrs of your life would be.. "Actually it's been pretty good."

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ahhhh how funny that I mentioned the 7 up series in my post today. The last one I've watched was 28 Up so 35 up is next. I'm glad it continues to 64 Up and hopes it goes beyond that though I read somewhere that if the producer/guy who interviews them who is now around 74 is not around for the next one, most of them don't want to do it. We shall see! #TeamLovinLife

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am fascinated by the 7 Up series but just thinking about those whose lives didn't go to plan makes me sad. Would be too hard to watch, I think. I've been following the media coverage though.

    SSG xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I find it interesting now that I think of my life in terms of contentment rather than happiness. It is true, however, that our very state of 'being' shifts like the weather yet I know that as I approach 70 I feel more content to be and have what is. I was not like that in my 40s, it felt more 'desperate' as I plugged away at work in my 50s and then my 60s brought the biggest life challenges. The relationship I have with my husband now we have no work nor family responsibilities is the icing on the cake of our long relationship. I watch my Dad at 95 and he lives a life of acceptance more than he ever has. The ageing thing is not all I expected there are some good parts. I have watched all of the 7Ups and there have been many heartbreaking times but also so very affirming ones. Denyse x

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is one gorgeous moon. I thought it was a sphere before reading the title.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have no idea what series you are talking about, although I did try to google it.
    I really don't know how to choose between 'moments' to be more important than others in my life, many have been wonderful in different ways.

    ReplyDelete