Thursday 23 July 2020

Information is the bridge to understanding

I had to get a COVID test and I asked if it would show if I'd already had it, because on our return from Singapore in January, we got really, really sick. The doctor asked why I didn't get tested then. I replied 'It was January. We didn't think about it. It was just a thing that happened in China back then..."
Fast forward six months and the whole world knows way more about this disease than we care to.

This I think is the perfect example of how a little information and understanding can change your whole perspective. Maybe we need to pay more attention to medical and scientific fact. Perhaps then our old antiquated views on climate, race and the LBGT community (and a myriad of other issues we seem to be behind in) would be less damaging.

“Wisdom is not a destination, wisdom is just a bridge. It takes you from a misty world and takes you to a sunny world where you can see everything clearly!”
― Mehmet Murat ildan


As an aside, I am after any of the quoted above Turkish Playwright's (quoted above) work in English. If anyone knows where I can get it, please let me know. 

Linking this post from last year with #GardenAffair

7 comments:

  1. A beautiful photo and a very apt quote, Lydia. I am not aware of this writer's work in English, but my mother told me when I asked her that she had read a work of his in Greek translation.
    Thanks for taking part in the "My Sunday Best" meme.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a quote I'll remember. A delightful picture too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very True! I've seen his quotes on the website GoodReads. Perhaps you can ask in a discussion forum there is anyone knows where to find his books and plays in English?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful Post , Thanks for sharing with Garden Affair.

    ReplyDelete