Wednesday 1 July 2020

Taking Stock - July

I'm shutting the blog until around the 24th July to have a holiday and maybe write a little more productively. I have the NYC 1000 word story competition coming up and a few other stories I want to work on, not to mention focus on time with my kids in the holidays. So have a great break everyone, stay safe on the roads and be COVID sensible....


Taking Stock
Cooking: Unfortunately yes.
Sipping: Negroni's. The perfect winter cocktail
Reading:The Remains of the Day (Ishiguro) and The Time Keeper (Albom). Very late to both these titles but enjoying them so far...
Looking: At COVID numbers and travel ideas. I find the interstate rules a little confusing. NT sends me emails that they are open (so perfect time to visit Uluru) but then I look at the govt site and it's requiring 14 days quarantine...(which is fair enough but a 3 day package isn't going to work with that!). So going nowhere for a while longer...
Linking with #WeekendReflection
Listening: Debutante:Race, Resistance & Girl Power - an interesting podcast free on audible on Indigenous history and the GEST podcast  on Soundcloud from the University of Iceland lecturers from the course on Gender and Intersectionality. I may have finished the course but they're so interesting I'm eagerly waiting for the next podcast each week.
Wishing: This COVID thing was over. I'm jack of it and get sad at what the world is turning into, and worrying NSW will turn into Victoria any minute now...
Enjoying: Catching up with friends in real life.
Appreciating: How lucky we had it before this real life shitshow kicked in.


Eating: Nothing interesting. Trying to cut out the junk but eyeing off the Merivale at Home boxes....could I be missing some of lockdown?? What is that about?
Liking: Taking photos again.
Loving: Flo Kennedy. I just learnt about her and she was so inspirationally kick ass. "A lot of people think I’m crazy. Maybe you do, too, but I never stop to wonder why I’m not like other people. The mystery to me is why more people aren’t like me."
Watching: High Fidelity and Future Man...both better than I expected. Future Man is HILARIOUS once you get into the rhythm of it.
Excited by: Buying tickets to a concert and the movies....We're seeing a singer I've never heard of but he looks like we'll like him and you know, it's a concert, so does it matter?  Off to the cinema TWICE this week!

Wearing: Leggings...even Cheshire Cat ones (for The Alice but pretty much any other time too!)
Sorting: End of Financial Year stuff. YAWN!
Coveting: Elf houses. I want the elves in my garden....(And yes, this is prompted by the Eurovision movie).
Feeling: Happy. No reason but guessing coming out of lockdown is part of it, submitting the BAS and getting ready for school holidays could be the other part. Getting little bits of my social life back must be triggering some of that joy....



Dancing to: 


Have a great July everyone! Stay safe, don't forget masks when you need them. Keep sanitising and keep your distance....see you when I get back online!

Linking this old post for the photos with #FloralFridayFoto and #SkyWatch






Follow more on Insta as that never takes a break...












26 comments:

  1. I love the photo with the bridge reflection in the water #kcacols@_karendennis

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am also loving catching up with friends again, hope you enjoy your break from writing always important. Thanks so much for linking up at #KCACOLS. Hope you come back again next time

    ReplyDelete
  3. I enjoyed reading The Remains of the Day. Have a fun holiday and happy writing. #lifethisweek

    ReplyDelete
  4. Enjoy your break Lydia! I enjoyed reading through your responses and love that you're feeling happy for no particular reason - keep that feeling alive! #lifethisweek

    ReplyDelete
  5. O so want elf houses too...and am sick of the whole covid saga but looking very much forward to a few days in Cairns next week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sorry, I meant to say, enjoy your break!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Lydia - enjoy your break away and I'm watching Volcano Man this weekend - I'm a Eurovision tragic, so I've been saving it up and now I hear elf houses are involved it's a definite for the w/end!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahh! Enjoy! All I can say is 'The elves went too far!'

      Delete
    2. H Lydia - I watched Fire Saga (correctly named the movie this time - not just the intro song!) and yes those little elves were certainly more blood thirsty than I'd anticipated! And Rachel McAdams can definitely hold a tune! #MLSTL

      Delete
  8. Love those leggings! Good luck with the comp. And I hear you about planning domestic travel - it's so hard to plan with rules changing and being unclear. I'd love to go to the NT as well and have a friend who lives there but I'm not sure if I can!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Enjoy your break and your movies. I'm with you on the Negronis, they're my favourite too! Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Enjoy your break :) Glad you're feeling happy, even if a bit over lockdown! #KCACOLS

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the energy creeping back in your words...and yes, COVID sucks as it has not finished with us here at all. I am preparing for a lockdown return in places in NSW, as too many people are just hanging out like it never happened. Thank you for sharing your post for the link up #lifethisweek Next Week, the optional prompt is #selfcare. Come on over and join in with a post old or new. Warm wishes, Denyse.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I hope you have a relaxing break and feel refreshed on your return X #stayclassymama

    ReplyDelete
  13. Enjoy your break, I hope you find it refreshing! Love your round up, thanks for sharing with us at #stayclassymama

    ReplyDelete
  14. I do hope your break is productive, even if it's just to get some rest! Good luck with the writing and we will see you when you get back to blog land :)

    It's great to see you at 'My Corner of the World this week! Thanks for linking up with us.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I hope you have a good break. Love your taking stock, sounds like a lot of nice things despite covid Crazy

    ReplyDelete
  16. Enjoy your break, Lydia. We'll be here waiting when you get back!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Lydia, Good for you for knowing when to take a break. I will be here when you get back. Children, story competition, and likely much more for you. It looks like you read more than one book at a time. Same with me. Lydia, you bring up the “Eurovision” movie. We watched it last week and enjoyed it. Silly, entertaining, fun and some great original footage. Look forward to hearing from you when you get back. #MLSTL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I loved it - it's the perfect movie for these stressful times. So dumb but soooo amusing....

      Delete
  18. Hi Lydia love the leggings! I also enjoyed catching up on what you have been doing and good for you taking a break. Enjoy your time away from blogging - we all need some balance don't we? Looking forward to hearing about your time off when you are back in the blogging world. #MLSTL

    ReplyDelete
  19. Cheshire Cat legging too funny.
    😊#kcacols

    ReplyDelete
  20. I like all these photos, specially the sky photo. Just amazing!

    ReplyDelete