Saturday 28 November 2015

Guaranteed Pick Me Ups

Lately I've been going through the wringer butting heads with a teenager*, and just general life chaos, so as a result, to settle my mood, I've had a few songs on high rotation.

Smile - Galantis (the clip is lots of nudie people making out, so not suitable for work, so this is the audio only, but listen and you'll feel the bad vibe lift away)



The other song, which has a real downer of a clip (not suitable for work) and frankly probably depressing lyrics but I don't understand what he's saying - I think the Elton John-esque rising notes taps into some happy mood from my childhood, is Avicii's For a Better Day:



Until recently I'd been going to Dancing in the Dark on a Monday night, and the hour of crazy dancing gave me such a high, that I began to get an anticipatory high all day Monday. Alas, they're no more, so I'm trying to get myself to No Lights, No Lycra but that's yet to eventuate in this busy xmas season. I have to say, the hour of dancing to Galantis yesterday gave me an instant high, that brought me peace for awhile...and a big grin to match.

I'm trying to be a little mindful of all the good things in my world, and trying to treasure minutes of quiet (most days seem to involve racing from one thing to the next, and that's becoming physically exhausting).

What are your tips for keeping your head above water?

Linking with #IMustConfess

*Needs to be said, a good teen, but a teen all the same....

8 comments:

  1. I am intrigued by the names of these classes you attend! Sound interesting (and fun!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm having my own teen issues at the moment, can't wait for him to grow up a little bit! I'm loving the new Adele song at the moment, great for a Sunday morning sing session.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I keep looking at friends with 19year olds...knowing it will pass (hopefully)

      Delete
  3. I'm book marking those songs.
    Thank you.
    I'm feeling a bit the same -riding waves of emotions without a break in sight.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, but better riding the waves than sinking, right?!

      Delete
  4. When it comes to teens it's difficult.. One minute you're floating then they push your head down to drown you. Just remember it's not personal

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like the idea of classes where you dance for an hour - I can understand you coming away in a much better mood!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What cool dance classes with the lights off - perfect for me - I'm hopelessly unco and can't dance to save my life!

    ReplyDelete