Monday 29 October 2018

Secrets

We went to A Midnight Visit and in one room, there was a web with papers attached and a writing desk. The papers asked 'what is your secret?' and they asked you to lighten your load by unburdening yourself and letting go of your secret.
The first I read made me chuckle "My girlfriend is the fun police". I'm presuming the girlfriend was there, not into the show and wanting to leave.
There was also "I'm good at keeping secrets".
Then as I got more intrigued by the secrets, they became sadder.
The devastating lonely cry "I wish I could feel normal"
and the heartbreaking "I've never been in love".

It's a funny feeling reading other people's personal thoughts, and it was for me the most fascinating part of the show - my reluctance to leave that room and stop reading them was strong. I'm not sure what I was wanting to discover, or make of the information I read there.

We were not allowed to take photos but I loved the visual of this room, and I see my thoughts in a web around a writing desk, where I'm punching them all out then casting them aside, but they're stuck in the web around me....(The only Insta photo I could find...)

I guess the lesson is that there is someone out there thinking just like us (probably billions of people) and even if they aren't, there are probably crowds of people happy to listen and comfort you, if only you're willing to share...so maybe it's time to unburden yourself of secrets and discover the lightness once free.

Forgive the rambling, I'm still trying to process why I liked this room so much (the emotive reaction, obviously). Note also there's discount tix for this week (incl Halloween) on SmartTix

Linking with #KCACOLS #Stayclassymama #TwinklyTuesday  and #GlobalBlogging

16 comments:

  1. That sounds fascinating. I think when it comes to secrets it's a case of better out than in.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooooh. Fascinating! Not rambling at all, That's awesome. And yes, your thoughts would mirror mine. Thanks for the insta link. I needed that visual. xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sounds great. I love this idea. I think I might use something like this when I am working with my teens.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh how interesting, I've never heard of anywhere like this before #TwinklyTuesday

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow, this is truly fascinating, I wouldn't be able to stop reading them either. It is true that we often keep almost identical secrets and when we feel we can open up we find out we are not as alone as we though! #GlobalBlogging @HeatherKeet and @MusingsTiredMum

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love reading secrets too! I often read confession websites lol. Sounds really intriguing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It is strange to think what other people are keeping hidden in their heads! Thanks for linking up with #globalblogging

    ReplyDelete
  8. Did they invite random members of the public to contribute their secrets? Were they genuine? Thanks for linking up with #stayclassymama

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'd love to visit this. Just shows you never know what someone else is thinking or hiding. Thanks for linking up! #twinklytuesday

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is amazing! I bet it can feel so freeing to leave a secret in a room. Almost like a breath of fresh air. That is a cool idea. Thanks for sharing. #KCACOLS

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ooh this sound intriguing - I think I would love that room too - reading other people's thoughts and finding out what they are hiding is interesting #TwinklyTuesday

    ReplyDelete
  12. This sounds ace! #KCACOLS

    ReplyDelete
  13. This sounds really interesting, I would have been fascinated reading other peoples secrets. Thanks so much for linking up at #KCACOLS. Hope you come back again next time

    ReplyDelete
  14. What an amazing idea. I think I'd have wanted to keep reading too. A bit like being a peeping tom! #kcacols

    ReplyDelete
  15. What an interesting experience. Would people write the truth though, or what they think others want to hear...? #KCACOLS

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oooh I’d love to read ALL of the secrets there, sounds like a great concept! #KCACOLS

    ReplyDelete