Saturday 27 February 2021

Taking Stock - March




Making : Much Merriment as restrictions ease and we have zero cases. Very much a case of making hay while the sun shines and I'm presuming we'll see another lockdown sooner, rather than later...

Admiring: Pretty much no one in Australian Politics. Somehow the people who got elected to high office, and the people who work there are not the calibre of people that should be there. We need to get rid of these people (and I'm not saying switch party, I'm saying replace them for different people).

Becoming: Very disappointed in the Nation's "leaders". We need to demand a lot more of them.


Curious: Why we aren't talking of the booster needed to cover the SA strain (and possibly Brazillian). Other countries that went with Astra Zeneca already have booster plans in motion for later this year.

Delighted: I got to see Jenny Lee at the MCA - I really enjoyed the exhibition. Especially the room where you were fully immersed. To me, because of what I've been reading, I felt like I was walking through the human body, surrounded by cells (this was not the artist's intent, but it is what worked for me!)


Excited: At being allowed to dance. Elated, in fact! 

Going: To the Bingo on Saturday night and can not wait! Fingers crossed under the new restrictions we can dance! Not sure what numbers were booked....

Reading: Just finished The Immortal Life of Henrietta Laks (which is about the Hela cells) which is really interesting and entertaining on audio. In print, The Divers Clothes Lie Empty, which I'm really enjoying. Have The Midnight Library lined up next.


Viewing: Dark - which I really like. Once you get past the first episode, which misleadingly has a serial killer vibe, it's awesome. But I need a chart to keep it straight in my mind. Also loved Alice in Borderlands.

Eating: My favourite cake!

Looking: forward to Max Frost's streamed gig on the weekend! 

 
 
Linking with #BlueMonday & #RubyTuesdayToo
Wishing: This was over but grateful we have been so lucky!


Enjoying: Strolling galleries while catching up with friends.  



Loving: Being back at shows - had fun at Drummer Queens and Fangirls. Got quite a few more lined up for next month! Would be much happier if the spacing & masks were mandatory though.

Sharing: This fab series of  free streamed gigs out of the UK. First off is a lovely set from Grace Petrie. Worth checking out.

Smelling: To check I don't have COVID. I know, it's nuts. I had a total moment of panic when I couldn't smell the beautiful roses I'd been given. Then I realised it was because I could only smell the fish curry that had taken over the whole house after one of the kids microwaved it for lunch....

Grateful: Gladys came to the party for my party and I got to invite 20 more guests last minute. Even more grateful that those that got the last minute invite said yes and weren't offended...

Listening: To Rag'n'Bone Man


Have a great month, everybody! Remember if you get your vaccination in Oz, you are not covered until the second shot in a few months so everyone needs to mask up and distance for a while longer yet!
Stay safe, have fun and spend, spend, spend locally if you can! 

Keep Calm and Carry On Linking Sunday

15 comments:

  1. Looks like you've had a great time of it. Good for you. Going to your concert, bingo and dancing is a good thing.

    Have a fabulous day and week. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. How wonderful that your restrictions have eased, I can't wait to be able to meet with friends, listen to live music and wander around galleries again!

    Katrina x
    #KCACOLS

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It Christmas I was caught up in border closures so was away from my husband and two of the kids (the other was with me) so it really wasn't that long ago that it was all happening here. I suspect it will happen again before Easter. So def trying to make up for the strange start of the year...

      Delete
  3. It is lovely to see a life after restrictions. Have a great week! #KCACOLS

    ReplyDelete
  4. With so much freedom here, I have to keep reminding myself that we're in the midst of a global pandemic! It's so good to see you enjoying life - good old Gladys, so pleased she delivered for your party! Here's to freedom - long may it last!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good to see you have fun social gatherings and outings. We're still in lockdown here until at least March 8. Enjoy March! #lifethisweek

    ReplyDelete
  6. I laughed at the 'smelling' one I do that too!!! Enjoy the lighter restrictions Lydia and make the most of your concerts and dancing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I need to go to galleries more often! I'd been meaning to go to th e MCA but I think that exhibition is now done. It's always nice to see you out and about!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yay to shows, dancing & gatherings. I laughed at your smelling prompt.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I saw you'd been to a concert! I'm intrigued by the cake. I think I saw a pic you shared of it on FB or Twitter and meant to read further to see what was in it.

    And I'm so with you on the political stuff at the moment. Ugh!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I enjoyed your take on Taking Stock and great that you are able to dance again! We all need to dance in life don't we? I've recently finished the Midnight Library and really enjoyed it. I'll be interested to read what you think.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been to Svalbard and we were attacked by a polar bear while dog sledding. It's one of the most alluring places on the planet - I still follow all the Insta. So I loved all that part in the book. It's sweet and an easy read. I do like parallel universe books. Makes you think about the roads you didn't take...great holiday read (if we ever get on 'holidays' again! Ha!)

      Delete
  11. I cannot get over your friends' list...now I know even more how the restrictions tethered you! Love that you are, as I call it "out and about" The rose vs fish curry smell...mmmmm Muuuum!

    Thanks for being a consistent, caring and contributing blogger to this community I call #lifethisweek. Next week we are sharing our snaps (photos) and that's an optional prompt. See you next Monday, I hope, as always.
    Denyse.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gosh, how lucky you are to be able to enjoy life with fewer restrictions. Let's hope the rest of us catch up soon! Stay safe xx #KCACOLS

    ReplyDelete
  13. Reading how you are living life to the full sounds wonderful. I look forward to enjoying similar experiences as soon as our restrictions here in the UK are lifted. Sending love xx Thanks so much for linking up at #KCACOLS

    ReplyDelete