Friday 19 February 2021

“You must not lose faith in humanity. Humanity is an ocean; if a few drops of the ocean are dirty, the ocean does not become dirty.” – Mahatma Gandhi

I will try to keep this space politics free as I've found the landscape this week perplexing and to be honest, quite disturbing. Not just the behaviour in parliament house but the way the nation and media discusses it. 

The new sign at the Marly Bar restored some of my faith in humanity. The inclusion of all is touching and I love the expressed minimum standards that as a country we evidently fail at.

I was also touched when the shop owner at Baxter & Black offered a safe refuge to the community should they feel they need it (offering for them to come in and he would lock the door and call the police) after witnessing a woman be attacked in the street.  His simple offer to the community page made all the difference to me.

As a nation, we need to demand more of our leaders. Or at least demand what I would consider the bare minimum.

As Mardi Gras begins in both Sydney and New Orleans, I thought I'd sign off with these picture taken at the Broadway shops.



It appears some good data is beginning to emerge in the vaccine roll outs, so fingers crossed and stay safe everyone!

Linking with #KCACOLS








19 comments:

  1. The colors and the textures in that photo are great! Love the hearts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. To be honest, I don't like some of the things produced for the mardi gras. At least yours keeps it in one kind of color, haha.
    Thank you Lydia for coming by and of course hope to see you at All Seasons in a few days:)
    You must have missed it, at the end of Aug. we moved from North California to an Austin suburb in Texas. Finally our house is up to par by Hubby's standards. All these months he has been working on it. Since he worked before in millionairs houses, am glad that he could do all the renovation work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I dislike prejudice of any kind, and so it's good to see public places offering inclusion and protection.
    The Mardi Gras decorations look pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  4. sorry that you saw something so traumatic. hope you were able to find help for that woman. and the celebrations in New Orleans were pretty quiet this year. ;) cheers #KCACOLS

    ReplyDelete
  5. I still dream of a day where all are included.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Probably not in our lifetime, but it will come.

      Delete
  6. Wow! Joyful!
    Thanks for sharing at https://image-in-ing.blogspot.com/2021/02/more-from-last-weeks-peek-at-cedar-creek.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a nice post I love anything like the Mardi Gras and what fun love that bright picture too ;-)

    Have a mardihrastastic safe week 😷😷😷

    ReplyDelete
  8. Me again, Lydua. Many thanks for linking up you bright detail of your Your Season of All Seasons! Very much appreciated:) Thank you also for your kind words about the ice storm. Have a lovely summer week, Jesh

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've never been to Mardi Gras before. I'm too old not to really enjoy it. Oh well.

    Love all the beautiful colors.

    Thank you for joining the Happy Tuesday Blog Hop.

    Have a fabulous Happy Tuesday. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  10. Good to see the good humans being active and sending a message that is loud and clear. I've always maintained, Lydia, that I want to be led by politicians that are better than me and have given my vote to them, irrespective of party. It's getting harder and harder to cast a vote nowadays, as it's a case of six of one and half a dozen of the other. We need a new party with fresh, young and idealistic faces and minds...

    ReplyDelete
  11. I always think that things like anti-racism/sexism/homphobia,etc would be a given but sometimes when I post about BLM, I'm surprised at the unhelpful comments. :( #KCACOLS

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's the disappointing thing. You think everyone thinks like you because how can they possibly think these antiquated hateful things, and yet they do.

      Delete
  12. I love this phrase by Mahatma Gandhi - its so true but yet often easy to forget. #KCACOLS

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such a great quote. Love the Mardi Gras shot. Great way to sigh off.
    I think most people are good. It’s just a few. #kcacols

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh my goodness the Marley Bar sounds amazing, sending peace and love xx #KCACOLS

    ReplyDelete