Wednesday 17 March 2021

Early morning at the Grounds


 

I had to pick up a cake on the weekend, and I booked for the 7.30 slot. It was a rainy morning so people were sparse. 
























I managed to get some reflective shots as the lamps (and fairy lights) were on and sparkling (for #WeekendReflections)






I still hope to get back for dinner in the cushioned Moroccan themed private dining, but not sure if that will actually happen. 













It certainly felt like a magical escape, even though I was just running an errand on a rainy day. 









Sometimes those simple pleasures are enough to make you love life!



Linking #WednesdayAroundTheWorld #TravelTuesday #WordlessWednesday #WonderfulWednesday #WWOT #OurWorldTuesday #ThruMyLens #SundayBest  #AllSeasons #LovingLifeLinky

15 comments:

  1. Oh Lydia! Such beautiful stylings! I am a very big fan of Moorish/North African designs and architecture and I can see a lot of it from these arches with the curtains! Oh and the lamps, grand! Fairy tale it is!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow - how beautiful is that?! I would have wanted to photograph those lanterns and the lovely reflections too and yes that would have put joy in my day also!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have heard so much about The Grounds but it was getting started, I think, as we left Sydney. Thanks for sharing. Those photos are magical. Just as well I have a Sydney Expert in my friendship group! Denyse

    ReplyDelete
  4. You may have been running an errand on a rainy day, but this was a magical errand. Beautiful.

    Have a fabulous day. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, I love those flower design edges of the orange gates. And the chandeliers between the trees - magical! Hope you are getting over your dry, not knowing what to do spot? Have a grand week, Jesh

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is some amazing decorations there!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great reflections and colours. I am grateful for any small distraction these days.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Absolutely beautiful I agree with Sandee and magical :-)

    Have a colourfultastic safe week 👍😷😷😷

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a beautiful group of pictures! Thanks for sharing, I can travel through your blog post, thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh wow! I love the depth in these images! So pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wonderful setting in this retaurant.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fascinating! Like a fairy tale.
    Thanks for sharing at https://image-in-ing.blogspot.com/2021/03/duke-gardens-memories.html

    ReplyDelete
  13. Amazing place, Lydia.
    Thanks for taking part in the "My Sunday Best" meme.

    ReplyDelete