Wednesday 28 April 2021

Taking Stock - May

From the Harbour Bridge on our walk


Reading: Just finished The Family Doctor by Debra Oswald, which is really engaging. Midway thru The Beijing Conspiracy by Shamini Flint (of the Inspector Singh fam) and enjoying that.

Looking: Forward to visiting the Art Gallery for the Van Gogh after a wedding in Canberra.

Wasting:
Time. So much time. I seem to get very little done at the moment. Not entirely sure why.

Wishing: I would write my story for the Grieve competition. I'm fast running out of time and STILL no ideas...it's never usually this hard.



Enjoying:  Getting out for the Sydney Comedy Festival - got a few gigs this week and next. Laughing is so uplifting.

Liking: Going for a 16km walk & talk with friends last weekend, and another on the Bay run with someone today.


Wondering:
How the world will ever get back to normal?

Loving: That Handmaid's Tale is back!

Hoping: Youngest's enthusiasm for the clubs and activities at High School continues....I know teens often let great opportunities slide past. Enjoying her excitement.

Needing: To get focused and organised. Becoming so inefficient at the moment.

Smelling: Roses on my dog walks - leaning in over fences to enjoy the fragrance.

Wearing: Jackets - it's getting chilly out there!

Feeling: Tired and run down. Not sure why.



Becoming: Annoyed with online shopping. Ozsale keeps sending the wrong items and it's a pain to send back. Ordered some kids PJ's from another store and one pair came with split. There's no online customer service and I'd popped them in the wash (before use) and only found the split after. My problem is, the returning will be a big hassle and they were only $20 so considering just sewing them up. Also a big hassle but probably quicker than trying to organise a refund...

Delighted: To have had so many catch ups with friends since school went back.

Going: To Spanish Film Festival, a comedy, which I hope will be good after the very depressing Supanova.

Helping: Trying to find out what we can do to help the people in India. What a nightmare.


Staying: In Canberra this weekend for a wedding.

Indulging: Myself with a little time at the spa to read my book!

Happy: To be getting back into the city a bit more for dinners and shows.

Linking the pictures and not the words because this is pretty much what this MAY looks like too. Comedy festival two nights this week. a swim in that pool and walks around the harbour....with 


Pieni Lintu - MakroTex challenge

19 comments:

  1. I'm just about to start Debra Oswald's book, have heard good things. Lots of good stiff going on in your Taking Stock, and I agree laughter is so uplifting, we all need to do more of it. #lifethisweek

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've heard good things about Debra Oswald's book. I loved your Canberra pics too on the 'gram. Glad you're getting out and about more & loving everything on offer.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Lydia, I bookmark so many writing competitions and challenges and never enter. Every so often I have to go through my tabs and delete all of the ones that have expired and I feel guilty every time I do it. I love that you're entering some - that's great.

    I saw Leanne's (Deep Fried Fruit) pics of the exhibition at the art gallery. It looks amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Enjoy your weekend away and the wedding. You have so many beautiful photos.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have Debra Oswald's book on my shelf. I was in Canberra last week - the Bottecelli to Van Gogh exhibition was really good! Enjoy Canberra! Loving all the Sydney shots too :) Good luck with the Grieve comp. And about India, yeah, it's awful and scary at the moment. My parents are there and they tested positive last week but fortunately, are stable having been vaccinated and having the ability to isolate.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope they recover fast. Heard a pretty scary story about someone how had it mildly here (slight cold) and then had some brain function issues about 6 weeks later and got a scan and it had damaged their brain and there is a doctor treating a few others like that with Stem cells here (experimental) so make sure they get any changes checked out, even if they appear unrelated. Hopefully the vax protects them tho! How stressful for you.

      Delete
  6. I love Canberra and can't wait to go back. I too wonder where all "this" is going to end. It's so weird living a "normal" life here, it's hard to comprehend how hard people are doing it in other countries. And I too am woefully unproductive these days, the only thing I'm really good at is wasting time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a weird thing. I'm sure it's somehow related tho.

      Delete
  7. Great photos and I love reading through these Taking Stock posts. Enjoy your visit to Canberra and I have major envy over visiting the Canberra Art Gallery & seeing the Van Gogh exhibit. I wonder if the world will ever be normal again. I think it won't ... but perhaps a new kind of normal at least. Hope you have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are getting out and about and that makes me happy seeing you in your natural environment. I am going to Canberra next month but can't share why yet. My first trip away and to the capital since 2013.
    Thanks so much for linking up for #lifethisweek. I am always grateful to see your blog post there. Next week my guest poster is ready to comment...I have done one training session with him...and I will be there too. Cheers, Denyse.

    ReplyDelete
  9. wow looks amazing espeiclly at night all light up X #mischiefandmemories

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a fab round up post of moments. It's filled with so much joy that I couldn't help but smile. Good luck with the writing competition. I always find that ideas come more easily when I'm not trying to find them. Thank you for joining us for #mischiefandmemories

    ReplyDelete
  11. My to do list seems to be getting longer and it takes so much effort to get anything done! Hoping for normality soon... Thanks for linking up with #MischiefAndMemories

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow you look like you have been doing so many cool things! Keep them coming :) Thanks for linking up to #ForTheLoveOfBlog x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Loved this so much! I know that feeling of so much to do and not enough time or ideas to implement. Is the Handmaid Tale really back? OMG I missed that memo!!! xx #MischiefAndMemories

    ReplyDelete
  14. Popping back from #ForTheLoveOfBlog xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lovely pictures and an eventful start of May.

    R. Täysin arkista vol.2

    ReplyDelete