Thursday 29 April 2021

A night at the Opera


 


A must do, for anyone in Sydney late March to early April is a night at Handa's Opera on Sydney Harbour. For locals, watch the weather and scout cheap tickets, Hot tips, I usually buy the D-list $99 tickets but get them closest to the stage (not necessarily up the front, but closest to the aisle & the centre block, but in the cheaper block, if that makes sense).  










La Traviata was beautiful visually (as well as musically) but the real scene stealer is of course the back drop of the Harbour Bridge and Opera House all lit up. When the fireworks go off, I really feel I'm so lucky to live in this spectacular city.








Use it or lose it, as they say.

Nothing says farewell to summer for me, as a balmy evening outside harborside, watching the Opera.

Linking this old post with MakroTex on the theme of Good Night, because the Opera on the Harbour is always a good night!
Pieni Lintu - MakroTex challenge
 














10 comments:

  1. I'm glad you got to enjoy doing what you love so much. Sending summer on it's way in style.

    Have a fabulous day and weekend, Lydia. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh it sounds like a special event you enjoy and the photos are awesome ~ Xo

    Living moment by moment,

    A ShutterBug Explores,
    aka (A Creative Harbor)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What fab photos I'm glad summers on it's way here now heheh! 👍

    ReplyDelete
  4. So very beautiful. Wow. #AllSeasons

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous images!

    It's great to see your post at 'My Corner of the World' this week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the enchanting night scenes!

    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful shots of what must have been a treat, Lydia. Whenever I visited Sydney and the opera was on at the Opera House, I bought el cheapo tickets about 10 minutes before curtain up and admittedly sometimes they were up with the gods, but occasionally I got prime seats in the circle at ridiculously low prices. In any case the experiences were marvellous.
    Thanks for taking part in the "My Sunday Best" meme.

    ReplyDelete