Thursday 3 March 2022

Sydney Mardi Gras

With all this rain, it's been very dark and grey, so the city's Mardi Gras decorations seem really bright and it did make me happy to spy them all over town, especially after all that very unChristian Religious Freedom bill business. I am perplexed given all the fires and floods and now a war that we have going on, that was somehow top of the list for our Government. 








While I do nothing to celebrate Mardi Gras, I do like to see the festivities take over the city with the rainbow displays. 


To the LBGT community, I hope you have a wonderful Mardi Gras and it washes away some of the distress caused by the terrible politics played out in the media recently. To everyone else, I hope you see that there is space at the table for everyone, and we can all do with improving our tolerance. In the words of my then 94 year old friend "I don't care what they are, as long as they're good neighbours".




I was very taken with the simplicity of these office doors. 


Even our Vet gets in on it!





For those keen, you can scroll thru past years of Sydney lit up for Mardi Gras here.



I usually have something more profound to share at Mardi Gras, but I seem to have lost all ompf this year so I'll just share this song I share every year.


RachelSwirl



9 comments:

  1. Life is to short to hide who we are or to be filled with hate about who other people are. Lovely photos.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like all these photos,It seems like a very colourful and joyful festival.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bright and pretty and a happy celebration. I did not know (and was sorry to learn) that hateful right-wing "religious" (not) conservatives are rearing their ugly ideas in your country as well as ours. I don't understand their thinking at all nor do I understand why all of a sudden this is happening again. In politics, We seem to keep going one step forward and two steps back.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice and colorful but where´s everybody?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're there. I worry about privacy so I wait and cut people out if I'm plastering it all over the internet - otherwise I have to colour in their faces. And also, I don't like people ugilying up my clean shots. Ha!

      Delete
  5. Such bright, bold, and beautiful snaps. Thanks for sharing and for linking up with #MySundaySnapshot.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It looks like they painted the town red... and blue and green and yellow and violet and indigo and orange!
    Thanks for taking part in the My Sunday Best Meme!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They did, and with all the rain and grey skies, it really was lovely. I was out in town on Saturday night and I felt it looked dull without the rainbow colours!

      Delete