Friday, 2 October 2026

The Little Things




This month has sailed past. Lots going on but I'll try to focus on the positive. (Or interesting).








READ
Not had much time for reading but did finish a book I started a long time ago. Just a puzzle book that I then put in my street library for someone in the school holidays.













Been reading too much about AI and the alleged rapes at Cornell. I keep trying not to read more but I can't help it. Both are so depressing. The bombing of the school in Iran, being in part because no one told AI to take into account updated information shows exactly what humans bring to the table. (Assuming what I read is true - it was just a link on Instagram). As for the Cornell matter, the men threatening women and doxxing them online is an own goal - the prosecuting lawyer will just use that as an example of the culture at the school, and why she felt she couldn't press criminal charges at the time. In my current frame of mind, I'm trying to focus on cheery, but my curiosity gets the better of me, and it's so awful.






I also read that there is a woman in Mexico who has developed a vaccine that has successfully eradicated cancer in 6 cases in the cell level.  I can't find the link to that sorry...but it's getting close.

Since writing that paragraph, I also read a man in Germany successfully erased cancer in the bowel (cells, I think) without operation or chemo....


WATCHED Went to a great play for Sydney Fringe - My Grandpa Doesn't Follow Me on Instagram - if it tours near you, check it out. I really enjoyed The Shark is Broken - heading your way Melbourne in a few weeks. It's very funny. We saw Hope at the cinema. Hilarious though a little long for a night session (for me). 

On TV I really enjoyed The Final Problem - a Spanish Sherlock Holmes/Agatha Christie-esque mini series. Quite fun and very glamorous to watch. Old style glamour that is...






Saw Aziz Ansari but with the surprise opening comedian, Aaron Chen! That made my night, even though we'd seen all of his set at his show a week or so ago. He's so funny. It was a very good night! (My husband's photo as my phone camera is terrible).

HEARD Loving this song. (NSFW) Filmed at Parookaville but the night after we were there. He got moved from our night which was devastating four us but he's hopefully heading to Australia soon....Lucky New Zealand, you get him New Year's Eve so don't miss it. He's the best fun!

and been listening to a lot of Calvin Harris as I got the tickets for my crew straight off. I was complaining it took me 45 minutes but I've since discovered so many people missed out, even though he added 4 more nights in Sydney. 


Lastly, for those that follow this cheery gem on Instagram, Casey Lowrey, he's coming to Australia as support for the Reytons. Dates here.

MADE a mistake changing vets a few years ago. They have been one problem after another but the final straw was when my dog got her bloods tested in August, I told them on the phone when I booked and in person when I dropped her off, that she also needed her Leptospirosis shot. I heard nothing more about it and there was an extra charge so I foolishly assumed it was done. Yesterday I asked for the updated vax certificate as they hadn't sent it. I discover they hadn't done it and the charge was for some random telehealth charge - probably for the phone call that they didn't bother to listen to me requesting she also get the shot done. So I am now trying to find a new vet to do the operation, and I have to book her into have her shots now 2 months overdue. 

WORE  I had a few solo gigs and decided to wear dresses I'm 'too fat for' - tight dress that my menopausal belly no longer suits. I love the dresses though. Anyway, I wore them and felt good in them so I'm now back into wearing them. I'm working on it but I'm also old enough to be me. It's what I look like so I should enjoy what I wear.
Been wearing face masks in the bath while I read....I do think they make a difference but really only for straight after and maybe the next day. Yet they feel like I'm doing something positive so I persist...I buy on sale so no loyalty to any brand...

MY TOP THREE MOMENTS FROM THE MONTH GONE BY Obviously mum's operation going well is one (though back in hospital not so good), daughter finishing school and graduation celebration with all my kids (I love the finally all together) plus Father's day so lots of family together time which is my favourite time of all.
Had a great dinner in Surrey Hills with friends at Tera.



Went to the new exhibition at White Rabbit with my husband and a lovely outing at Sydney Contemporary, so lot's of art this month, always makes me smile!
















These are glass - cloth and pot too.

The food pics are all from Tera, share dishes. Not cheap but sensational.


That's been my month. Busy but not busy. Happy and stressful. Chaotic in all senses.












1 comment:

  1. The artworks look beautiful and interesting. Love your top three moments. I hope you find a new vet that you like and trust. Thank you for joining in The Monthly Wrap-Up.

    ReplyDelete