Saturday 2 November 2013

What lifts me up when I'm down...

The quickest pick me up, other than eating junk, which I'm trying not to do, is to blare music in the car and sing along! Something groovy and uptempo. Of late, when cranky (which has been frequently, of late), I've headed back to Pigeon John, The Bomb. The clapping releases endorphins - try it out. You'll see...you can't stay sad or cross if you're clapping.


The other luxury, if I have the time, is escape down to Cottage Point for a swim and respite from the real world. Nothing lifts my spirits like the smell of lemon myrtle and the sea views. Just a tiny piece of paradise in Sydney.


If time is of the essence, I try to grab a quiet half hour in the bath or on the deck in the sunshine with a book - the naughtiness of indulging instead of doing whatever I'm meant to be doing often recharges the batteries. Ditto with sneaking off to the cinema.

 
Music, Movies, Reading & Scenery. That about sums it up for me!
What about you? What are your pick-me-ups?
 
Linking with Kirsty for I must confess.
 
 

12 comments:

  1. Reading, soaking in the bath uniterrupted, going for a walk and sometimes playing with the dogs (which is realy strange because I am so not an animal person) but they have taught me so much about unconditional love and acceptance, when I sit down and the two of them rush over and just lie by me while I scratch them, it certainly helps put things into perspective for me.
    What a great view from your pool.
    Have the best day !
    Me

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish my pool! I'm inner city so no pool for me :) animals do that to you, I reckon.

      Delete
  2. I'm feeling better just looking at your picture of Cottage Point. Meanwhile my cappucino is the joy in my day - every day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Will organise a BBQ up there in jan, if you're about (kidlets too obviously)

      Delete
  3. Mmm pick me ups, an hour or two without kids and YES YES YES loud music in car, windows down on the way to the beach, or today, in my case, a skin cancer check up!!!!!!! Em x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love heading to the movies on my own, or even curling up in bed and watching a movie.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Boppy music, reading (always!) and definitely scenery for me too. And CHOCOLATE!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely pick me ups! Getting out in nature picks me up, being near water, reading, time with a friend to indulge in lunch and/or a movie or pampering like a pedicure, facial or massage also picks me up :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Singing in the car is a great and cheap pick me up. There are songs that just get me pumping which is awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  8. We have very similar pick me ups Lydia - music is an easy one for me as is just taking 5 mins to stop and enjoy the view from my favourite spot!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love a good sing along in the car!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What great pick me ups. For me it is music and running. Weird I know. I can't even believe I am the type of person who says running perks her up but there you go I am!

    ReplyDelete