Sunday 24 May 2015

Burgers & buns (the other type of buns)

The prompt for this week's confessions is strange diets. As all I need to do to lose weight is take Dr Rudi's advice and 'Eat Less!', I'm going off topic and talking burgers, which is food related so sort of counts.

There's been a number of 'Best Burger' lists floating round the ether, and without fail on the list is a certain establishment that is totally the Emperor's New Clothes. Every time I see it, I want to shout 'Are you on the gear? Have you eaten there?'. I have no idea why everyone loves it so much. We did go fairly soon after opening, lured by the big reviews abounding. It was four thumbs down from our group, and I've never returned.
It's often thrown into conversations as a place to go and I bite my tongue politely but I'm sure bewilderment is on my face.

So, I am ignoring the Best Burger lists (though I have noted a number of joints I really must visit to try their fare) and am starting my own - in no particular order:

The Truffle Burger at Vine. If you go Friday lunch, it's only $15 with an Asahi & chips - pretty, pretty good!
Burger Project - easy on the wallet and Rockpool team tasty.
Brodburger - absolutely loved this place. You do have to drive to Canberra but definitely worth a visit. Fabuloso!

Given my lack of dieting interest, and my keen enthusiasm for burgers, I would like to give a special shout out to Kim Kardashian for making the keister fashionable...

Which burger joints would you add to the list?

Linking on Friday with Things I know...

5 comments:

  1. I'm intrigued to find out which establishment didn't meet your expectations. Since I can't eat a normal bun I don't normally have burgers anymore but there were quite a few in the States that were great. I suspect they were great more because they are a luxury for us to have rather than because they were totally excellent. At least I'm easily pleased!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Do you have Grill'd near you Kirsty? They do a gluten free burger bun but you need to eat it fairly quickly or I find it disintegrates between your fingers.

      Delete
  2. I can't think of a any really great burger places that I've been to but Mick always talks about a place he went to at Bondi decades ago, so who knows if it's still there. Can't remember the name of it. The problem with burgers is they are usually served with chips! And I can't resist.. *drools*

    ReplyDelete
  3. Some of the best burgers in Perth are so overpriced ($25 and upwards) that I'm just not game to go there.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh man i love a good burger!!
    Apparently there is one in Wollongong which is awesome!
    I make a pretty good burger! I made them last night!
    Ps week 100 of sickness here although sleep has arrived and it may be easing off!

    ReplyDelete