Monday 11 May 2015

Enjoy the singing.

I have a funeral today. I do not want to go, as it makes it all true, something I'd rather not believe. I've had a few too many of these lately. I am not happy that I seem to meet cancer and death with every phone call.

It seems a sad stage of life - gone are the engagements, weddings and babies. In comes the shattered lives, divorce and illness.

In Theroux's Hotel Honolulu he says "The only difference between a Hawaiian wedding and a Hawaiian funeral...was that there was one less person singing at the funeral".

This is life in it's simplest terms. So enjoy it while you are singing.


16 comments:

  1. Oh no :( So sorry for your loss.
    A very apt quote though by Theroux
    Today I'll sing ...
    L

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sorry for your loss. Sending you love xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sorry to hear this. Cancer and death are shitty things to deal with for all involved. I hope it goes as well as can be expected.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, enjoy the singing and rejoice that they lived x

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful quote. Sorry you have to go to a funeral... Sending you love xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. So sorry. There's too much crappy stuff at the moment. Take care. x

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hope today is not too painful. Life does seem to swing in phases doesn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  8. So sorry for your loss. There's a lot of bad news going around these days. Sending big hugs x

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is quite a beautiful, and yet sad quote.
    Sorry for your loss Lydia. I hope it was as nice as a funeral can be. xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sorry for your loss :( Hope the funeral went as well as could be expected.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hugs to you. I hope the funeral was a fitting send off.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh you poor thing. Losing loved ones is terrible and something you never want to endure. Hang in there. I can only hope the singing comes back soon!

    ReplyDelete
  13. So sorry for all your loss and heartache lovely lady. Sending lots of fairy wishes and butterfly kisses your way xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. That quote says it all - I'm determined to enjoy my singing while it lasts. Hope your week has improved Lydia x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh sweety :( Sending you love and hugs xoxoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete