Wednesday 23 October 2019

Sock it to them! Manrags

For three years, we've had a laundry basket that gets filled with odd socks - I have no idea where they go! Occasionally, I sit down and match them but there's still about 60 that don't match up. I know for a fact there were 60 unmatched socks and 20 socks with holes. How do I know? I've sent them off to be recycled.

I saw an ad for Manrags on facebook and it instantly solved my problem. I ordered 5 biobags to post up to 20 WASHED, CLEAN socks (or 10 pairs) to them in. They then either match them and send them to the third world for wear, or break them down to be reused in making new products.

I also ordered some new socks that are thick and funky and came so glamorously wrapped that I'm using the box to package up my partner's birthday present, so you'll have to wait to see that, in case he happens to glance here before next week...

So if you need socks, or have socks you need to get rid of, look into Manrags. (You also get a $20 discount for your first return, so it's a great way to check out the quality of the socks)

So I'm loving reducing landfill, and supporting ethical businesses when I need something - as Manrags says 'Look Good. Feel Good. Do Good'. It's true....









What are you loving?
(Not sponsored, just loving it).

Linking with #LovingLifeLinky

(That's me modelling my Manrags women's sightless socks - I can now tell people I'm a model. So I might run with that at the next party I go to...hehehe)

Just to update, this came in from Manrags:

Thank you for joining the movement and helping us to reduce textile waste.
Since launching 48 days ago we've already saved OVER 100,000 SOCKS from landfill, and counting!


8 comments:

  1. This is so great! I love the concept of Manrags. I wonder if they work with people in the US? Gosh people in the US - where I live are lazy slobs about recycling and reusing! I started recycling at my work, and so many still throw their cans, bottles, and paper in the trash. Then our recycle center always has mattresses and other non recyclable things thrown all over. It pisses me off! Seriously lazy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They post free worldwide but whether they take the socks from OS, I'm not sure. You could email them. I've linked to their site every time I say their name.

      Delete
  2. What a great idea! My daughter is so lazy that she never bothers matching her socks - just wears them mismatched. Where we tend to accumulate mis-matched socks is from visitors - yet when asked no one ever owns up to it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My kids wear 'close enough' matched because I can't stand it. Without fail one goes missing once a wash, and I wash daily (we're 5). I don't get it....

      Delete
  3. I thought I had fixed the non-matching socks by buying all the same colour. Nope. Still doesn't work. At least here is an answer. Cute foot!

    Denyse

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I tried that trick. It's weird how many different same black socks there are!

      Delete
  4. What a fabulous idea and I'm so glad to now be aware of this because with 3 males in my house I have a very dire sock situation! I have a PILE of single socks whose partner cannot be found. I will click through the link and learn more - thank you! #TeamLovinLife

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How are there so many? Where do they go? I really don't understand it!!!

      Delete