Thursday 19 November 2020

Taking Stock - November

 What a year this has been. Started off escaping the smoke and fires, being chased by a polar bear (for real), and then watching the whole world grind to a halt from my bedroom window...or at least the backyard. Now we're out and 'ramping up' tentatively but suspecting poor decisions by the Govt will mess this up for us soon. Fingers crossed we don't head back to lockdown because we opened up all the internal borders or ditched the hotel quarantine for incoming travellers...

After that cheery introduction, I'll take stock for the last time in this weird year that I hope to put behind me. 








Drinking :
Finally the end of the Negroni season, treating myself to Mr Consistent Margaritas and the humble Gin & Tonics....

Reading: Still on Symphony for the city of the dead which I'm loving, and listening to 30 Rock and Philosophy on Audible. Hoping to give Ken Follett a try soon - but they're all so long....aaaaaah!

Wanting: Life to go back to normal (or better than normal) and this virus to be something we forget about.

Looking: forward to some nice dinners out with good friends in the lead up to the party-less 'festive seasons'.

Wasting: Time. Very unfocused at the moment.

Enjoying: The Queen's Gambit. Also just started Fleabag - yes, I'm a million years behind everyone.

Wearing: Fab sneakers with pretty much everything.

Waiting: On some short story responses. Got 4 out there...

Loving: Playing the World Cup of Painters. Currently the Russians look set to meet France in the finals...

Needing: Very little, truth be told. 


Wondering: Why I took so long to get back for lunch and a swim at my favourite place in Sydney?


Smelling: Gardenias. Like a drug. Stopping and sniffing every time I walk the dog.

Feeling: Up and down - crazy highs and then blah. Not sad, not depressed just a little gloomy that this stuff will continue forever and people will suffer.

Listening: To this song and singing along because it makes me happy (even though lyrically it's a total downer...so that's weird). Note some swears so NSFW and the word masturbate - not sure if that also is a NSFW or just biology so okay? Hmmm.



Opening: Lots of parcels for Christmas gifts for others.

Eating: This gold gingerbread toffee pudding from David Jones.

Wishing: You all a safe and hopefully COVID permissible holiday season.


Keep Calm and Carry On Linking Sunday

16 comments:

  1. I love those sneakers and I could wear them on a boat out on that beautiful water. Wow.

    Have a fabulous day and weekend. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lydia, at least your government has been trying. We are counting the days til the jackass who allowed a quarter of a million Americans to die leaves office. (Jan 20th) And due time Trump’s cult-like following among his core supporters, there are now people dying in our rural areas who deny that Covid is a real thing even as they take their last breath. It’s insane.

    Michelle
    https://mybijoulifeonline.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is heart breaking to hear. I can't imagine what it must be like for you all. Frustrating and worrying. Take care!

      Delete
  3. Enjoy Fleabag! We really enjoyed watching it. So disappointed that there were only two seasons. #KCACOLS

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm loving those sneakers! And I'm totally a flats/sneakers person at heart, and those are very cute.
    I'm also feeling up and down, and I think that's 2020 in a nutshell.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Loving those sneakers & the gold pudding from DJs...

    ReplyDelete
  6. It’s definitely been a difficult year Lydia. That gingerbread toffee pudding looks very yum

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lydia I want your sneakers!!! I'm off on an online search for something similar after I finish this comment! And I'm with you on the gardenia smell - we have one near our front door and it's divine - I just wish the flowers lasted longer.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's been a tough year. We'll get though this. #lifethisweek

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your Taking Stock post Lydia, it's full of intriguing snippets. I have to say they've been one of my favourite posts to write this year and I love reading what others are doing too!Your sneakers remind me of my bike ones which I wear with just about everything these days! I'm with you on many of your responses, and that reminds me I much watch the Queen's Gambit.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely catch up. That pudding..wow. I love your outfit too. It's been and up and down year alright and I am ready to let it go!!

    Thank you so much for linking up for #lifethisweek. I am glad you did and look forward to seeing you next week. The optional prompt is 48/51 Self-Care Stories #7 30.11.2020. Denyse.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I think a lot of us have been "up and down" emotionally. Things don't look to be improving much anytime soon unfortunately #kcacols

    ReplyDelete
  12. Those trainers are great! And the Queens Gambit - we loved that! Thanks so much for linking up at #KCACOLS. Hope you come back again next time!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a lovely reflective post. Chased by a polar bear??!! Wow!!! We also loved the Queen's Gambit - it's fab isn't it! #KCACOLS

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep - made the news in Norway. Was quite an event!

      Delete
  14. Love your shoes! Queen's Gambit was interesting. I thought it was a true story initially and looked it up and was a bit disappointed that it wasn't!

    ReplyDelete