Wednesday 25 January 2023

Hare or Cat?

 

We are at that time of year when the streets turn red - not in anger but joyous festivity.









This Lunar New Year we have the choice (in basic terms) of celebrating the Year of the Rabbit (Chinese predominately) or Year of the Cat (Vietnamese predominately). I am sticking with Sir David Hare and Dame Judi Dench and going with the Year of the Cat (this is a joke harking back to 1983...because I'm old and fuind myself hilarious even if no one else does).







Whatever you call it, I hope you ate well, hope you get rich (thanks Ronny Chieng) and may good fortune come your way.






As an aside, I've reluctantly upped my alcohol free nights (which is dull and boring and I don't need to hear about anyone's Dry July/Feb fast/Wagoning or anything else - it's edious enough doing it, let alonetalking about it). However, I feel my fortune macaroon was taunting me which is probably an indication of my year to come....




Incidently you can see Sir David Hare live at this event in March, everyone should go and give me a report because I can't go.














12 comments:

  1. Dear Lydia, I think it's the year of the Harecat ;-)
    I don't know the joke you mentioned, and it's not customary to celebrate Chinese (or Vietnamese) New Year in Austria, but I like the colorful street decorations.
    It's winter on our side of the globe at the moment, so I brought you some particularly wintry pictures today.
    All the best,
    Traude
    https://rostrose.blogspot.com/2023/01/manchmal-kommt-es-anders.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hare or cat? I don't want to rabbit on about it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. ...Lydia, I hope that your Lunar New Year if prosperous and colorful. Take care and stay well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Welcome back, Lydia. Happy New Year(s)! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. What fantastic decorations and brilliant photos.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a nice post and so colourful I think here in UK at moment it's the year of idiots LOL

    Have a rabbittastic week Lydia 👍

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy New Year - may you have a prosperous and healthy year!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy Lunar New Year, Lydia! Good health and Good fortune to you and your family. Loved all your beautiful photos! Those macaroons look good!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wonderful colours. That macaroon would tip me over edge for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm loving the colourful rabbit! Thanks so much for linking up and for sharing with #MySundaySnapshot.

    ReplyDelete