Thursday 26 January 2023

Simple pleasures


 

While in Bali, we had to change our plans and ended up in Jimbaran for longer than intended. There was a lot of reading my book on the daybed while the others slept in or relaxed indoors, escaping the heat.

As humans do, my routine became quicky fixed and I'd collect the fallen frangipani and put them in a dish of water next to me, so the smell infused the air. 




Morning tea of rambutans and spiced cashews or lychees became my mid morning treat.

Simple pleasures but somehow the luxury I miss most now I'm getting back into the swing of things.



While there were lots of gardens and green plants, this seems to be the only flower on the tree I saw (or at least took a photo of). I find that quite strange.




Linking with #TravelTuesday #PictorialPotpourri #WWOT #TheRandom #HappyTuesday (because it really made me happy) #WordlessWednesday #YourMoment #GardenAffairFloralFriday Foto.



9 comments:

  1. Often, the simplest of pleasures are the mosr rewarding.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Weirdly Amy, I can read your comment BOH but not here. Anyway, I just wanted to say that they are ten thousand times better fresh than from a can....and I'm going to a restaurant tonight purely because they make killer Lychee Martinis! Ha!

    ReplyDelete
  3. hello Lydia ..thank you for visiting my blog ..the dust on the rhine is fog
    greetings

    ReplyDelete
  4. Simple pleasures are the best of all pleasures. Beautiful.

    Thank you for joining the Happy Tuesday Blog Hop.

    Have a fabulous Happy Tuesday. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful Hibiscus blooms, Thanks for sharing with Garden affair.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gosh I really love that first photo. Elegant in its simplicity!
    Thanks for sharing at http://image-in-ing.blogspot.com/2023/02/a-few-images-from-chinese-lantern.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love that you share so beautiful things and ideas. I've never tried lychees. Are they taste good?
    The first image is perfect to be painted. Very beautiful colors! It's so nice that you put them in water.
    Thank you Lydia for these beauties!
    Happy WW and a fine week! 😘❤️

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love putting my fallen flowers in water to float. It makes such a lovely display. Thanks for all the great photos.

    ReplyDelete