Wednesday 4 September 2024

Stanmore Music Festival


Richard Gill AO was a much loved Australian composer, and later TV personality. He was also a great educator and advocate for music education for children. 

The lives he touched through his work were many, and when he was dying, musicians came to play in an improptu orchestra outside his window.

In his memory, there is a grass roots festival every year. The Stanmore Music Festival is on the 16th November this year, and there is a fundraiser on the 18th of October at the Salisbury Hotel. It's a free annual festival in the streets and public spaces (and schoolyard). What a wonderful legacy to leave behind!

 
Housekeeping: This is the last #Allseasons until after 18th Oct. I will be away and am shutting the blog until then as I'm just not keeping up with the comments. Apologies to all I've neglected of late. Hopefully on my return things clam down and I'm back in control of my time. Insta will be showing my adventures. I will do Sundays #FavouriteFotos then shut the blog.








<!

12 comments:

  1. Love the mural! The music festival sounds like a fun event. Take care, have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Lydia, it's great when talented persons (like this composer) shares their joy in something (like music) with other people and can also inspire children. It's wonderful that there is a grassroots festival every year in memory of Richard Gill. And the mural is so cheerful, colorful and worth seeing!
    I wish you a wonderful break and hope that you return in October full of great new impressions. (I'm not on Insta, so I'll have to be patient until then.)
    I'll give you a link to my current post - I think the spring in SF that I'm reporting on fits very well with YOUR spring! :-D
    Have a good time - hugs and all the best, Traude
    https://rostrose.blogspot.com/2024/09/weltreise-2024-7-station-san-francisco.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. This mural looks wonderful. I wished the Grafitti here looks similiar.
    Thank you for sharing and hosting. Greetings by Heidrun

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a wonderful mural and tribute to Richard Gill. So nice that there is also a festival in his memory. Thanks for participating in Monday Murals Lydia. Enjoy your holidays and hope you find many wonderful murals too :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. ...this mural is fabulous on. a grand scale!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great mural and great ideas of a talented committed musician. Enjoy your break and have fun, Lydia! Thanks for hosting.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The mural is a good tribute to the musician

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a great tribute and a beautiful mural. Thanks for hosting and I hope that you have a wonderful week.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What great murals and a nice tribute too 👍
    Have a clevertastic week 👍

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful murals for this favorite composer. Enjoy your time awaya nd safe travels!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Amazing mural works, Loved this post.

    ReplyDelete