With the school holidays, and a very sick dog (breaking my heart) and a pending trip, I've shut #Allseasons until the end of the month, and am now off the blog until August. I want to apologise to all for the terrible effort in keeping up with comments on the linkies. I will try to do better on my return.
Life has just been unravelling for me of late.
Wishing you all safe journeys if on School holidays or just peace in your world.
I will be on Insta playing a real life version of Where in the World is Carmen Sandiego? So feel free to follow along to watch what maybe the most logistically idiotic trip ever imagined....(Or the best trip ever, who can tell?)
See you on the flip side.
Linking with #WeekendReflection #GaleriaHimmelsblick #Skywatch #AwwMondays




Prayers for your sick doggie, I hope all is well.
ReplyDeleteHave a good time to recover ..good luck for your dog and may you come back with new loaded batteries.
ReplyDeleteAll the best
Violetta
Wishing you all the best, Lydia. Relax, cool off the computer and look after yourself. Hope your dog recovers soon. Good wishes for better days ahead.
ReplyDeleteFair enough, hope your baby will be ok...
ReplyDeleteYou take care of you and that precious pup. You'll be missed.
ReplyDeleteThank you for joining the Awww Mondays Blog Hop.
Have a fabulous Awww Monday and week, Lydia. A hug to you and healing scritches to your pup. ♥
Have a good break and hope your doggy recovers.
ReplyDeleteBeautiful reflections.
ReplyDeleteI'm so sorry about your dog being so sick, my best wishes! It's hard to bear.
ReplyDeleteBest wishes.
ReplyDeleteHope your pup pulls through. Take care of yourself!
ReplyDeleteGreat reflections.
ReplyDeleteExcellent reflections!
ReplyDeleteLove thos photos. Prayers to your sweet pup. Thanks for joining Angel Brian's Thankful Thursday Blog Hop!
ReplyDeleteGreat photos, looking forward to your return.
ReplyDeleteI think I need a good blog break too :)
ReplyDeleteI hope your sweet doggie gets better. Talk to you when you get back. Rest. Repeat. Rest.
ReplyDeleteJust catching up on blog reading...eternally behind. I am so sorry you are having a difficult season right now. Prayers that your pup is soon on the mend. Take time to take care of YOU.
ReplyDeleteEnjoy your break. You and your poorly dog are in my thoughts.
ReplyDeleteAmalia
xo
Sending you the biggest hug. Seeing a beloved pup sick is completely heartbreaking; please do not apologize for stepping away from the screen. Take all the time you need to breathe, focus on your family. This upcoming trip might be just the chaotic distraction you need while life feels messy. I will definitely follow your Instagram updates to see where you end up. Wishing you safe travels, along with some much-needed peace.
ReplyDelete
ReplyDeleteHello, dear Lydia-Mel!
It took me a while to get back here – which just goes to show we all have our off days at keeping up... I'm so sorry your sweet little dog is sick and that things have gotten a bit chaotic.
I finally started following your journey on Instagram today – and it looks like a pretty great trip to me. Have the best of luck – enjoy life!
Hugs and all the best from Austria 🤗
Traude
https://rostrose.blogspot.com/2026/07/reisebericht-2025-zwischen-barenpfaden.html
P.S. I'd actually be interested to know which "polar bear incident" you were referring to. 😊
DeleteOut of curiosity, I asked an AI about recent polar bear attacks. Apart from the tragic incident in Svalbard in 2011, when a young British student was killed during an expedition, and the fatal attack at the Longyearbyen campsite in 2020, where a campsite employee was attacked in his tent, it mainly pointed me to the famous "Binky" story:
Since that involved an Australian woman from Sydney, I wondered if that might be the one you meant. It happened back in 1994 (!), when she climbed over two safety barriers at the Alaska Zoo to get a close-up photo of the polar bear Binky. Unsurprisingly, that didn't end well. 😬 The 32 years old video just keeps resurfacing online.
Of course, I'm not suggesting that bears - and especially polar bears - are harmless. But I do think that in places where people follow the safety rules and keep a respectful distance, serious incidents are fortunately very rare. Two safety barriers would certainly make me stop and think! 😉
Mind you, I never felt unsafe during our bear encounters. When we watched the grizzlies, we were with experienced guides who knew exactly how to behave around them. And when we later went looking for black bears on our own, they also appeared to have just one thing on their minds: salmon, salmon and more salmon! We were definitely much more interested in them than they were in us 😄🐻🐟...
I was attacked* by a Polar Bear in Svalbard. It is in the World Polar Bear Report 2020. It is technically classed as a Polar Bear encounter but to me it was an attack. It was pawwing at the dogs on the sled I was on - those dogs saved me! They were up for a fight. The post I wrote at the time is here: https://pandoraandmax.blogspot.com/2020/04/i-saw-polar-bear.html
DeleteI just got back from Japan and discovered I have a LOT of bear trauma. I was terrified roaming around up north, constantly on the look out for bears. I was so happy to get back to the safety of the city!
Delete