It felt so good getting my cardio up, stretching my limbs while being warmed by the late afternoon sun.
I looked on google maps and headed to the bush. Alas, I couldn't find a safe way down to a track, so I just got to look at the little creek from above. I felt I couldn't risk falling when she thought I was just going for a walk around the block!
The bird noises, the insects, the running water and the dappled light made me feel a million miles away for a moment. I felt lucky. I felt happy (instead of exhausted and sorry for myself and guilty).
Just for a moment and then it was time to head back. Briefly transformed, but re-energised to make the most of it. For her, and for me.
Sunshine is a welcome thing. It brings a lot of brightness." - Jimmie Davis
Linking with #MondayMusicMovesMe
This song was playing as I walked into the bush. It seems a perfectly timed soundtrack for that stolen moment of peace!


Prayers for your mom. It's stressful when our parents get older. I so remember.
ReplyDeleteYou de-stressed being out and about in nature. Wonderful.
Thank you for joining the Happy Tuesday Blog Hop.
Have a fabulous day and week, Lydia. Hugs. ♥
Espero que tú mamá se recupere del todo. También he tenido un año duro de entradas y salidas del hospital. Entiendo que te sintieras revitalizada porque el cuidador acaba agotado. Un abrazo para ambas desde España
ReplyDeleteIt is such a difficult time when our parents are not well and in and out of hospital. or in hospital for an extended stay - I know - as I went through it about 12 years ago - I can't believe it is now 12 years ago. You do what you can, and hope that is enough. While trying to snatch a few moments for self and your own fmaily. As I told a friend last year, this too will end. Take care of you. And hug your mother while you can. Thankyou for stoppping by my blog this week. I am glad my wildflowers brought you joy.
ReplyDeleteHello
ReplyDeleteSending prayers and well wishes for your Mom! Taking a walk in a forest can relieve your stress. Take care, have a great day!
I've been doing the same thing. I am so sorry to hear about your mom though. Sending prayers and well wishes for you both.
ReplyDeleteMore prayers for your mom.
ReplyDeleteThank you for joining the Wordless Wednesday Blog Hop.
Have a fabulous day and rest of the week, Lydia. ♥
Prayers for your mom - I'm glad you're taking even brief moments of self care to keep your strength up whilst you care for her. That's so important!
ReplyDeleteGood thoughts for your mom
ReplyDeleteThe sunshine can do much for the mind and body.. Saying prayers for your mum and you. Take it easy on yourself. You're doing the best you can! Have a boogietastic week, Lydia! xo
ReplyDeleteIt is so hard when you are responsible for caring for someone you love who is having difficult health problems. I think you'll find a lot of virtual support from your readers, and I am thinking of you. You need these moments by yourself and in nature. Good luck.
ReplyDelete