Monday 25 July 2016

First of the Month Fiction - August

Already it's time for short stories - newbies, write a story that's either 100 words exactly or one less than 30 words. Put it in the comments and then link your blog. You have until about the 10th of August to do so.

This story came from a funny conversation I had where someone explained what she did on her scrapbooking weekends (I didn't really know what a scrapbook was). The last line was what she said as to the reason why it was so enjoyable...it just seemed so kooky to me. So mine is in the 100 catagory...

She looked at the photos, faces smiling at her on beaches and mountains. The arm causally draped over her shoulder. She could cut out his head, and he would cease to exist in the recorded history. Except the hand left on her shoulder. A ghost hand in an image mounted on a carefully decorated page in an album of her life to be filed away as a mistake. D for disaster.

As if reading her mind, the woman next to her moved the scissors away. Raising her glass of wine in a toast she grinned "You don't scrap book angry!"

Linking with #MummyMondays #FortheloveofBlog and #KCACOLS






17 comments:

  1. Bahaha! I love it! You sure have a way with (100) words!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so very clever with 100 words!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha! Love that one Lydia! Very concise and clever!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Brilliant and so very true. I played around with scrapbooking for a while about 10 years ago, it's definitely an activity that is much more fun with friends (eg at a scrapbooking weekend).

    Visiting from #teamIBOT x

    ReplyDelete
  5. “Goodnight Reg” said Mrs Brown on her way out of the office.
    “Oh, yes, goodnight Mrs Brown I didn’t realise the time”.
    Reg picked up his jacket and hat then locked the doors of Grisham’s Wholesale Embroidery Supplies before setting off home.
    As usual he unlocked his front door, greeted by the cat and put the kettle on for tea. No time for 4Corners tonight though, Reg was due at the club by 8pm to get the Seniors special price.
    The club was his sanctuary since his wife passed. He’d always wanted to go but swinging was not her thing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's hilarious!! I did not see that coming at all! (Would have said something about me if I did! ;)

      Delete
  6. Very good. Thanks for sharing! #KCACOLS

    ReplyDelete
  7. Brilliant! I've never so really understood scrapping either. I'm not really crafty though either.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well done!! You surely can work wonders with 100 words.
    #MummyMondays

    ReplyDelete
  9. "You don't scrap book angry!" - that's a great line which can be read in two ways!..Brilliant with 100 words! #MummyMondays

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hahaha, love it! Is there any other way to scrapbook though? Heheee.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Haha. Very controlled and clever. Thanks so much for sharing with #KCACOLS. We hope you come back next week.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hahaha! I love it! So very clever!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I like it! I don't know, though. I reckon I could get into angry scrap booking, as opposed to regular old scrap booking.

    I missed linking this time. I'm definitely getting my own laptop soon, so I'll be here next time!

    ReplyDelete