Saturday 23 July 2016

Proud moments round 2

Since I wrote this post in 2014, I've had a number of short stories published in Grieve (obviously that's my specialty ;), had a travel post translated into German (and I'm very pleased that it is a post promoting many NGO's in Siem Reap, so it is more than just flattery, it is extending my reach in helping people in need).

I've been published on a number of commercial sites and written for a major hotel chain.

I am small but I'm growing, and more importantly, my writing is improving.

Best of all, I'm not compromising on what interests me, nor on how I write. I suspect that is the key to longevity.  It's not being the bright burning star, it's the continued enjoyment and desire to write.

My photography is also improving (on occasion) and has been published in HuffPost and I won a fancy camera in #SnapSydney. I really need to do a course so I actually know how to use said camera, but for now I get a great deal of delight in playing around with photo ideas.

I may not be an economic success, but I am helping and defending people, and that means a lot to me.

I want to see change in the world, and let's face it, we desperately need it, and it starts with me.

I saw this on the internet with no name attached (sorry): 'Don't wait until you reach your goal to be proud of yourself. Be proud of every step you take to reach that goal'. There is no better advice.

What are you proud of?

Linking with #IMustConfess



5 comments:

  1. Love that advice!
    People remind me of that from time to time. It's easy to forget that while we haven't reached the bulls eye we're still making progress and growing on the journey. Good one Lydia.

    ReplyDelete
  2. There's a theory that as long you're connecting with your own true values and taking action on them, you're already a success. That's the definition of success. So yes, you should definitely be proud. *hi-fives*

    ReplyDelete
  3. Isn't that a great quote! Thanks for reminding me too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on all your achievements Lydia - you are right to be very proud!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations on your growing list of published work - and sticking to your principles and passions. Life's too short to waste!

    ReplyDelete