Sunday 14 May 2017

I just love how it tastes...

Wiki definition of Junk food is 'Junk food is a pejorative term for cheap food containing high levels of calories from sugar or fat with little fiber, protein, vitamins or minerals.' 
I eat more of it than I should - pizza, sweets, chips...all a danger zone for my will power.
I would also include Thai and Chinese takeaway, because the wok fried aspect is moving the minimal veges onto the other side of the scale. Not to mention the fried spring rolls...
Then let's not begin on the cakes or ice cream...The list is too long to mention. My favourite? How do you narrow it down? I like it all!
I'm currently trying to cut back on the junk, but I refuse to feel bad about it. I'm trying to up the vegetables and lower the carbs. I'm working on the theory that any change for the better is better than before, and it's day at a time. I also know I'll never enjoy a salad more than a burger, or kale more than chips...


Linking quickly with #Lifethisweek








5 comments:

  1. As they say, no great story ever started with a salad... I'm not a huge junk eater (& we rarely get takeaway food) but my guilty pleasure is processed plastic wrapped cheese...on white bread with butter and vegemite. Oh, I love that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Macklemore!!!!!!! I agree about takeaway being classified in the 'junk food' category. It's so good and it's so moreish....

    SSG xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I found it hard to limit my 'junk food' list because I too love chips and sweets. However, in recent times chocolate has remained as the one steady one. I am eating far less junk food because I have had to due to my gut playing up. I don't limit anything but I know I can no longer have anything like the quantity I used to devour. No wonder I have lost 30 kg in 2.5 years.....not intended, just changed how I ate. And no longer went out for coffee and muffins/cakes most days. Sigh.Thank you for linking up for #lifethisweek 20/52. Next week "How I learn best."

    ReplyDelete
  4. Does it still count as bad food if I order mixed vegies from the Thai takeaway? I love Thai too much to give it up!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well, you know me and cake. But I do love a good chinese or thai take away, too! That's the thing. They tell you if you go to weight witches that you can still indulge in your fav treat be it chocolate or wine or cheese, as long as you watch the frequency and portion size. But if you like it all, you're screwed!

    ReplyDelete