Sunday 21 May 2017

Miffy, Bruna and Amsterdam






As a big fan of Hello Kitty, my daughter and I discovered we were easily charmed into jumping on the Miffy bandwagon in Amsterdam. There is no escaping her. The much loved character of Dick Bruna is one of the greatest Dutch book characters and thus unofficial mascot of the Netherlands. Our daily travels would see us discover Miffy in various dress.






As we moved onto Belgium, we lamented we would be saying goodbye to Miffy, only to discover the Belgium chocolatiers are big fans of the little rabbit too.








As are the Belgium beanbag and lamp makers.












While this Miffy came home with us, I was disappointed that the Van Gogh exhibition in Melbourne was not stocking the Miffy Van Gogh that I regret not buying at the time.



Miffy was genderless for the first 5 books, only wearing a dress in the 6th. Miffy is now 62 years old, and sold 89 million copies world wide.

Dick Bruna died earlier this year, this lovely interview from 2008 gives an insight into his life and art.




Do you love Miffy?

Linking with #Openslather

11 comments:

  1. Wow I had no idea that Miffy was that old! How cute are they?! My 3 yr old loves Miffy.

    Thanks for linking up with All Mum Said for #MummyMondays.
    http://allmumsaid.com.au/mummy-mondays-blog-linkup/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Miffy but didn't know all this info about "her". Thanks for sharing all this knowledge! #mummymondays

    ReplyDelete
  3. My first time seeing her! Thanks for linking up at NanaHood!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Adorable dolls and fun photos for Ruby ~ wonderful post too ~ thanks,

    Happy Weekend ahead ~ ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  5. Darling! Sadly miffy just didn't really make it here in the states.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So glad you guys enjoyed them!
    Thanks for linking up at https://image-in-ing.blogspot.com/2017/05/the-beautiful-city-of-jaffa.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'd never seen Miffy before but very cute!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi! They are very cute! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Miffy is adorable, there's no doubt about that, but oh my gosh, Miffy chocolates!? I don't think I'd be able to resist that!!!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  10. I loved Miffi as a child, and loved the feel and smell of new miffi books too as I turned the pages. The books were in bright basic colours and patterns, which I think added to the appeal as a child.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I used to love watching Miffy with my son when he was younger! So cute that you found all these Miffy's!

    Di from Max The Unicorn

    ReplyDelete