Thursday 12 April 2018

The Magic of La Boheme on Sydney Harbour









Ending on the 22nd of April, there's still time to grab tickets to La Boheme on Sydney Harbour. It's a visually delightful production, and even the little 8 year old girl sitting next to me was grinning with glee at the magic before us. If you are wanting to take kids, there are children's tickets for $50 and student tickets (16 and over) for $89.



Snow!



There's snow, fireworks, fire and colourful parties. And of course fabulous singing all set before the stunning Sydney Harbour backdrop.


I've never been to the Handa Opera on Sydney Harbour, but when I got an email for cheap tickets, I decided it was time. I was so glad I did, and will definitely return for next year's production.

However, I arrived too late to enjoy the ambiance of the dinner by the water, festooned by fairy lights and tinkling French melodies. Next year, I will plan a full evening to enjoy the festivities.

I can not recommend this enough, even if you aren't a regular Opera goer!



Linking with #Lovinglifelinky #NotSoWordlessWednesday #CityTripping #ThruMyLens #WednesdayAroundtheWorld #WeeklyPostcard

21 comments:

  1. Wow what an experience, would love to visit Sydney and this would be on our to do list!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so tempted. I'm not an opera buff but this looks amazing!

    SSG xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wait, is that fake snow on the harbour? It looks like such a great experience, you'll have to get in a bit earlier for dinner next time :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It snows for half the production. The little girl next to me kept trying to catch the snowflakes - as did the adults...

      Delete
  4. Sounds like a great event. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fabulous night it must have been and a perfect location. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad you enjoyed yourself, and thank you for sharing at https://image-in-ing.blogspot.com/2018/04/titanic-movie-costumes-on-display-at.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. I saw the set up for something when I was last down in Sydney. That Harbour is just the best for so many occasions isn't it? Glad you had a wonderful time!!
    Thank you for linking up for #lifethisweek 16/52. Next Week’s Optional Prompt: 17/52. School Holidays Memories. 23/4/18 Denyse

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi! The night scenery is very beautiful. I went to Sydney two times. I remembered many things from your post.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a great view! I went here back in 2005. Too long ago!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What an amazing setting that must be! Thanks for linking up with #citytripping

    ReplyDelete
  11. I had never heard of this before but it sounds magical! I've been to Vivid but next Sydney trip maybe I'll time it so I can see this. :-) #TeamLovinLife

    ReplyDelete
  12. It's a long time since I've been to the opera but wow, seeing La Boheme on Sydney Harbour sounds incredible.
    #citytripping

    ReplyDelete
  13. It does indeed look magical. You are so blessed to have easy access to such wonderful entertainment. #TeamLovinLife

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow! Sydney does such cool stuff. Good for you Sydney! Thanks for always showing us the delights on offer Lydia. #teamlovinlife

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love that city! need to go back! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Sounds magical! But then again, anything set against the backdrop of the Sydney Harbor is stunning.

    (BTW, Future World is now a permanent installation at the ArtScience Museum in Singapore.)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh that sounds fabulous! We saw La Boheme at the New York Met Opera over 10 years ago and it was amazing, but to add beautiful Sydney Harbour into the mix would have been a once in a lifetime experience, I'm sure!

    ReplyDelete