Thursday 30 April 2020

Taking Stock - April



I imagine this will be short as I feel I've really stagnated.

Drinking : Cocktails. Trying to make the weekends interesting and different to the weekdays. 

Reading: Still The Half Brother by Saabye Christensen and listened to Jasper Jones and just started Mrs Dalloway.

Wanting: This to be over. I've hit the wall.


Laughing: As lockdown began I decided to run a Eurovision contest. This has provided much hilarity for 30 of us. Highlight of my week...




Playing: Ping pong - finally! Took a month to turn up!

Wasting: Time. Getting so little done. Really directionless.

Liking: After dinner boardgames. Hope I can keep that going after the restrictions ease.

Loving:  The DJs in Europe live streaming in the mornings our time so I have a daybreaker session every second day. Really lifts my mood at the start of the day. (UK Peeps, you have HotDub at Home - a time travelling dance party from the 50's to now streaming live at 9pm. You don't want to miss it! Another daybreaker for us!)

Hoping: This gets sorted and we get to revell in the wonderful world again. 

Following: Lots of musicians who have been pretty generous with what they share.


The red is the LED shuttlecock in motion


Noticing: An unhealthy trend of people not letting you express negative emotions. Definitely don't dwell there but you can express them to process them and then they go. Pretending  everything is great and you're grateful won't really help you adjust your emotional balance. (That said, if you are struggling with negative feelings, get help. Now is not the time to battle with difficult feelings unnecessarily. If you are feeling down more often than not, take action and get help. Don't let the negative focus take over). 


Enjoying: Night badminton. It's a predinner highlight.

Looking: Out the window, A lot.

Don't forget #SundayCovers goes live tomorrow.

Linking with  #LovingLifeLinky #MCoW  #PictorialTuesday

Musings Of A Tired Mummy


23 comments:

  1. I so relate to your 'wasting' one and hear you on the 'noticing' comment about negative comments. Loving the ping-pong table though! Take care and hang in there :) #lifethisweek

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm loving the ping pong AND the badminton. Best fun!!

      Delete
  2. Nice view from your window. Ping pong and badminton are fun to play. Take care and have a great week! #lifethisweek

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love ping pong, it's so much fun! Also, how good are cocktails? They improve any situation :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I adore the fairy lights you strung up for night time badminton - and that sunset is worth looking out the window for. I've had some headspace issues this week and have tried to deal with them by walking, with some but not complete success. Being able to sit down to have my morning coffee at the beach on Saturday morning absolutely made my day. Something so simple, yet missed so much.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think that's one of the benefits of entertaining the negative thoughts, is that you find your pick me ups and what you need to do. I'm very careful about exercising/dancing to shake off any unexplained 'funk'. I think that we will perhaps become a little more intune with ourselves and what we need (emotionally).

      Delete
  5. Hang in there, Lydia! I hit that wall this week but the sun is shining and I'm convinced there is light at the end of this tunnel.

    SSG xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The sun makes such a difference to me. Those two days of rain and grey were a real drag!

      Delete
  6. Tho still in drought so rain is good!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That badminton table is so fab! As tricky as isolife can be, we've developed some isohabits that I hope continue long after lockdown! Cheese Plate Fridays and weekend runs are two of my favourites.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Lydia - loved the night badminton and the red trail of the shuttlecock - also appreciated you noticing that we're allowed to have not-so-great days when the whole shut-in thing gets to us a bit. I'm pretty good most of the time, but I definitely admit to a few days where it's been doing my head in a bit!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm actually having a really good time 95% of the time but I do get irritated when I try to express what I'm not happy about (sulking might be the right word ;), I'm shut down. When I'm alone, if I voice it (in my head), I'm usually alright after a few minutes or half an hour. I think it's acknowedging what we've lost is part of acceptance. That said, my husband said it would be years til we could travel overseas again and I told him we wouldn't have talk like that in this house! ha! All those bands I'll never get to see, if they can't travel here! ARGH!

      Delete
  9. I hit the wall a bit this week on some fronts - been finding it hard to get motivated. Overall though, still in a better place than at the start. I hear you about somehow trying to change weekends and weekdays - can't really tell anymore, can we? Hope you have a better week ahead and a better month!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The motivation is part of that sluggish fog most of our brains seem to have gone into - the DR at a hospital next door complained to me about it (being constantly distracted by thinking about the virus) so I think it's all normal mood side effect in these strange days

      Delete
  10. all the best and keep trying to master your everyday life!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I think many in Ohio have hit the wall too. Some restrictions gone. I've always been a homebody anyway, but still, this at times is a let down. Sewed some, did the Cricut tshirt had been putting off, no one to play board games with anymore. The badminton and table tennis sounds fun. Good exercise. Have a great week. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I can imagine many are at that point, too, but you seem to have a few interesting things to keep you occupied.
    I'm glad my Hubby got to go back to work as he was getting quite itchy to do something different. As for me, the only change on 'lockdown' is that I don't go to the store on weekends, so I'm doing better than he was :)

    Here's hoping it's all over soon.

    It's great to see you at 'My Corner of the World' this week!

    ReplyDelete
  13. We used to have a table tennis set up in the rumpus room when I was a kid. It's been so long since I've played but I used to love it! Hope you're feeling better soon - it's a weird time right now.

    ReplyDelete
  14. That red paddle is eye-catching! (So is the sky shot.)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Sorry to hear that you have reached your limit: you still sound upbeat! My kids have reached their limit and it is diffcult to keep them focussed on school work when they want to play. Thanks for linking up with #stayclassymama

    ReplyDelete
  16. Ping pong!! I want to play ping pong. We just bought a pool table but it's currently sitting in the garage surrounded by boxes waiting for us to turn said garage into the games room. I would like to get a fold out ping pong attachment to turn the pool table into a ping pong table. Does such a thing exist?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sure it does!! Or a hard top cover that you can attach the portable net to.

      Delete
  17. I think we have hit a wall too. The ping pong is a brilliant idea. I am gutted they cancelled Eurovision this year, but of course they have to be safe. Strange times we live in. #stayclassymama

    ReplyDelete