Sunday 5 April 2020

“There is a crack in everything. That's how the light gets in.” ― Leonard Cohen,


There is not a lot going on. We are loving playing Badminton - I can't believe I packed it away for a decade!

I loved dancing away to Hot Dub Time Machine - my kids did not enjoy my dancing at all, nor a lot of the music. (But seriously, check it out from 6 every Saturday night for the next few weeks. We had cocktails and I pretended I was out in a crowd...what do they say? Dance like no one is watching or like you really don't care what they think).

I'm not happy that daylight savings is over. Ordered some glow in the dark shuttlecocks so we can continue playing before dinner even as the light fades.

I'm enjoying my nightly wee dram of Aquavit for medicinal purposes (except on that dreary alcohol free night. You may also recall I'm not a dr and Aquavit is not a known cure or preventative measure against Covid19. Except in my head). And I know the Norwegians don't say dram, feel free to give me the Norwegian version....




Sunrise and sunset still bring me much joy.

Lastly on Sunday's I am hosting a linky where you link covers of songs that you like. Link is here for #SundayCovers.

Stay safe and let's beat this thing.


Linking with #NaturesNotes




25 comments:

  1. Wish words. What we do does make a difference.

    Cut pup.

    Thank you for joining the Awww Mondays Blog Hop.

    Have a fabulous Awww Monday and week. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice post and photos I liked that quote :-)

    Have a safetastic week 😷😷😷

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice quote. Stay safe.

    Worth a Thousand Words

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the quote! so true. Stay safe and well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You seem to be making the most of the enforced confinement.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Watching the sun rise, and sun set is are the best parts of the day. Do stay safe!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, I love that message chalked on the sidewalk!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm alone except for my furbaby, Razzy, And he doesn't like me to dance. Think he wonders if I'm having a problem, and he just barks and barks at me. haha Enjoyed reading your post and the sidewalk chalk. I need to do one when this rain goes away.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cute pup & medicinal purposes must be considered. I do it myself once in a while, but I prefer good ol' Italian red wine. My grandpa use to make it in the basement. Wow, did that have a kick to it. Wash your hands (I sound like my mother), Stay safe, & Stay healthy!

    ReplyDelete
  10. So just as the days get longer yours are getting shorter, I'd like to send you some of ours. Oh man I had an interesting experience with a bunch of Norskes and Aquavit.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ooooh, do tell!! And yes, please send me some longer sunny days.

      Delete
  11. We all have to do what we have to do, even if it's not doctor's orders!
    I love the idea of glow in the dark shuttlecocks!

    I'm delighted to read your post at My Corner of the World' this week! Thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
  12. It's the little things at the moment & I'm actually sort of enjoying that. (And feel free to say dram whenever you choose...)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love the messages on the footpaths. I am wanting to make and eat foods of comfort more these days...a mix of weather changes and boredom so I need to get myself out and do more walking. But...it's not so much fun around the block. Stopping whingeing now.
    Denyse #lovinlife

    ReplyDelete
  14. It is good to get back to old joys right now and perhaps to discover new ones. #StayClassyMama and I love that quote

    ReplyDelete
  15. I feel your pain, Lydia, we are doing very similar things during these strange times. Keep safe - now I must go and search for some Akvavit...
    Thank you for taking part in the My Sunday Best meme.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your dog is so cute! Love the idea of playing Badminton. That's a great way to keep the boredom away! #KCACOLS

    -Britt | https://notyourmomsgifts.com/

    ReplyDelete
  17. It is very important to focus on the positives, no matter how small. Ooh I haven't played badinton in years (we don't get on with our neighbours so would be too scared to ask for the shuttlecocks back!) Thanks for linking up with #stayclassymama

    ReplyDelete
  18. Lovely to take the positives. I need to get a badminton set! We've been doing some really long walks and its been lovely tbh! Thanks so much for linking up at #KCACOLS. Hope you come back again next time!

    ReplyDelete
  19. This had me smiling as we've spent the last two days playing badminton. I had forgotten that I'd picked it up super cheap at the end of last summer. Gets us outside and moving #KCACOLS

    ReplyDelete
  20. I have that quote in my bathroom. With 'Sing like no-one is listening'. Love the sound of your night badminton! #KCACOLS

    ReplyDelete
  21. I will have to check out that page on Saturday.
    My kids love having dance parties.
    It's secretly how I get them to clean the living room.
    #KCACOLS

    ReplyDelete