Tuesday 4 August 2020

Loving life - lockdown ideas



While not in lockdown, I am still spending more time at home than normal We cancelled our daughters birthday party in the park because I thought it would be too hard to manage COVID numbers and safety. We've cancelled dinners and catch ups in bars. It's hard to work out what the right thing to do is. And it's boring. The whole disaster is overwhelming and tedious.

But it's not all bad news. Here's what I've been loving this week. In no particular order:

1. I got published in the Grieve Anthology again. I think this is now my 5th time? Anyway, I needed it as my last two stories didn't make the cut and for vanity alone I needed some 'approval'. I burst into a huge grin when I saw my name listed...They are going to show extracts over the next few weeks so if you're wanting to see short stories or poems each day, this could be something different for you.

2. Tomorrowland offered a relive ticket and you have until the 12th August to work your way through the sets. I'm loving getting to hear different DJs I may never see in real life. I was also so delighted and pumped up by Timmy Trumpet's set that I've listened to it twice! Best $21 I spent in lockdown! The energy of his hectic show is contagious and makes me smile all day with that beat embedded in my body if I listen (& dance) to it first thing in the morning. His new song is here but as I was Russia in my Eurovision competition, and my first song entrant was Vitas, I have to share this one...:



3.  Les Enfants Terribles The Prism. I've spoken about it before, but I just want to say I loved Level 3 and am sad it is over. If you haven't checked it out, it's great, and perfect for these days to spice up your universe. And free!



4. Was stoked to get my new Marvel mask (I asked for the child mask to be made in an adult size) from this Etsy site. But even more excited when I saw Max Frost is streaming a show (he was here in Jan) and with your ticket you get a Max Frost mask...trying to see if they'll send it to Oz for me...who knew mask fashion was the new black? Max Frost also has a COVID song but this is still my fav:



5. Got asked to do a review for Pulp Fury Radio. They're bringing back the radio plays in funky one hour pulp fiction genres...I'm halfway through the first one and it's cute and kooky (it's a sci-fi/horror). Will definitely come back to listen to the Noir and  Mystery which are more my preferred genres. If you need a short escape, it's worth checking out.

All up, having a great week. Not what life was, but could be worse...

What are you loving at the moment?

Linking with #FriendshipFriday

28 comments:

  1. yes, life in isolation - or lockdown - or just choosing to stay home- doesn't need to be boring. I love your new mask! Stay safe, enjoy the rest of your week, and thank you for visiting my blog this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. thank you for sharing interesting videos...
    stay safe, healthy and virus free

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the new mask and congrats on the inclusion in the anthology...yep, it certainly sounds as though your week is a good new normal.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on your writing success! Good to have some fun and keep your spirits up with music, arts and entertainment. #lovin'lifelinky

    ReplyDelete
  5. It must be hard for your daughter, I am sure she would be guttered that she is no longer having a party.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well done and congrats on having being published! The whole covid thing is a pain in the butt. Even though things in Qld aren't too bad, apart from a recent rural getaway I don't go out as much anymore and try and stick close to home when I do. Not worth the risk. Enjoy the rest of the week and the weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That Marvel mask is so cute!

    SSG xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations on the publish, exciting. Mask is so cute. Yes, it is becoming a fashion statement. I make mine so having fun with that. My life pretty much is going to the grocery since I am older and more at risk, but I've usually been a homebody anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Huge congratulations on the inclusion, that's exciting. I enjoyed those videos, that Vitas song is crazy! Lol. The world is all crazy right now though to be honest really isn't it. #kcacols

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations on being published. It is such a shame that your daughter can't have her party, we're doing the same for my daughter- she's had a big family party every birthday but sadly not this year.

    Katrina x

    #KCACOLS

    ReplyDelete
  11. Huge congratulations, Lydia on getting published in “Grieve Anthology!” Unique masks are becoming a thing. Many fun, unique ideas. Life is different, yet, like you say “could be worse.” Have a great week. #MLSTL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I get compliments whenever I wear it - people even yell from cars or over the road. The other day I got none and was quite put out (oh the vanity!! ;) but then realised I was just in a plain check one...ha!

      Delete
  12. Love the mask and congratulations on being published in Grieve Anthology. Sigh lockdown another 5 weeks to go fingers crossed down here. Today I have to go over my 5km to shop...only place I can my gluten free etc like vegimite...i think its 7 kms...I know my heart will be beating fast all the way there and back home...#MLSTL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My heart breaks for Vic and now NZ. It must be such a difficult headspace to wrangle, because you KNOW what you're in for. But great news from that immunologist, so I'm hanging my hopes with him.

      Delete
  13. I love your positive attitude. After I finished reading, I felt more upbeat myself!
    And that's a super cool face mask!
    Thanks for sharing.
    #MLSTL

    ReplyDelete
  14. I predict a new fashion craze - mask glam. I'm almost jealous that we don't need to wear one in Queensland because they're a great way to show our personality. I'm tempted to make one to wear anyway!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Beware of what you wish for!! I'm just devastated for NZ...

      Delete
  15. Hi Lydia - I always enjoy reading what you're getting up to. I'm going to check out Prism - it sounds interesting. We've also just ordered some masks online because I feel like we're always one idiot away from ending up like Victoria - so better to be prepared rather than walking around with a hanky tied around my face! #MLSTL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We (all of Australia) are so envious of you and can't believe the govt would throw it all away with this idiot law suit. I understand it's frustrating for everyone but you can pretty much anything without that nagging headspace. And with NSW and QLD about to fall at any time, we need those that are safe not to suddenly fall...

      Delete
  16. I love your mask Lydia. Sound to me like you’re making the most of this difficult time. We have self isolated since April. I’m loving it and not sure how I will handle going back to work #MLSTL

    ReplyDelete
  17. YAY re the Grieve Anthology. So cool. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  18. Good on you for your publication! I am wearing disposable masks because I am yet to find one on cloth that I like..husband had two made by friend ...me, still looking. Yours is sensational. Hating much of COVID right now ...because "people" doing the wrong thing. Sigh. Denyse #mlstl

    ReplyDelete
  19. Well done Lydia! Who would have thought masks would become the new fashion accessory? Yours look good and I've managed to get a few funky ones too. Glad to hear you had a great week. Life is certainly different these days! Songs were good too #mlstl

    ReplyDelete
  20. Tomorrow land 🎼🤹‍♀️ 🎉
    What a great way to spend $21.
    I’d love to go.
    What a great week. 😊 Thanks so much for linking up at #KCACOLS. Hope you come back again next time @WithFranca @momof2lgs  

    ReplyDelete
  21. How cool to be able to relive some fantastic DJ sets! I've loved all the old concerts and gigs that have been reshared during lockdown! #KCACOLS

    ReplyDelete
  22. Congratulations Lydia on all your writing successes! I think that is so great that you were able to get the mask that you wanted. It's nice when you are able to make custom requests and get them. If we have to wear masks, we may as well make them a fashion statement, huh? Take care of yourself and keep having fun!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Absolutely couldn't agree more. The consequences of the corona virus are getting extremely tedious and numbers are on the rise here too. So it is important to focus on the positives and try to live life as best we can which you obviously are!! Lots of lovely positives here and well done on your writing success! #globalblogging

    ReplyDelete
  24. Lots of positives and LOVE the Marvel mask! Thanks for linking up with #globalblogging

    ReplyDelete