Thursday 27 January 2022

There are no gardening mistakes, only experiments. – Janet Kilburn Phillips

 I mentioned in lockdown that I had taken to planting without purpose, just to watch things grow, and I'm continuing this zen practice as I find it very satisfying.



I was so excited when these pretty little violets appeared.









However a day or so later I was put to shame when I saw some street tomatoes, apparently grown from a wayward seed dropped by a bird or a compost spill from the garbage truck....Evidently no tending, no watering and no care is a better gardener than my good self!  



Lastly, I saw this strange one on the dog walk - anyone know what it is?


Linking with #FloralFridayFoto




6 comments:

  1. No need to be ashamed, plants selfseed so easily! The litle violets are adorable <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. What are you talking about (joking)? I love violets, but the weather becomes too hot in summer to have them outside - enjoy your weekend/1

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes, one of them got qa bit cooked while we were away.

      Delete
  3. These violets are pretty and I like how you featured these street tomatoes in this blog post.
    Have a great week ahead!
    Amila - leisureandme.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh ! The violets are adorable. The last photo looks like a withered off Canna lily blooms. Thanks for sharing with Garden Affair.

    ReplyDelete