Tuesday 25 January 2022

Visitors


While staying at Palm Beach (destination picked when I thought Sydney might be in semi lockdown at Xmas), I was lucky enough to get these visitors up close and personal morning and night.


I did regret not bringing my camera to get good close ups, but the birds didn't seem to mind getting close up to me, so there are still a few good ones (hint, a corker for next week!).


The people next door made the mistake of feeding them and then yelled and screamed when the birds stole their dinner as well.

The birds and I seemed to have an understanding. Mine based in fear or at least cautious of those claws and beak....

I have noted before that good bird photography is an exercise in patience and perserverance, something which I lack. So I enjoyed the mindful encounters, waiting for good shots.


RachelSwirl


It's time for #Allseasons for another week.
All Seasons is open from Friday through Wednesday 5pm, Sydney Time. 
2. Please link one  'seasonal' post a week. 
3. Make sure you link back to this  #AllSeasons post.
4. Please comment on the post before yours. Don't dump and run


You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

Click here to enter

15 comments:

  1. Hello,:=) WOW!! You took great shots. How exciting to see these beauties
    up close.
    Stay safe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely Parrots , Thanks for sharing with Garden Affair.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow! What fantastic visitors. It sounds like they were very friendly. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful photos of these willing participants.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You got some wonderful shots! Such magnificent birds.

    ReplyDelete
  6. How wonderful to see so many wild cockatoos in your fun photos! I have friends that have them as pets and they are very smart nd personable birds.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awww, they are most beautiful. They like a room with a view too. Fabulous.

    Thank you for joining the Awww Mondays Blog Hop.

    Have a fabulous Awww Monday and week. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  8. What good captures looked like they were putting on a show heheh!

    Have a prettypollytastic week 👍

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely pictures, the close-up with the boats in the background is great!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Palm Beach is on my bucket list - Australia is on my bucket list also obviously. You lucky thing! Thanks for linking up and for sharing your snaps with #MySundaySnapshot.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What sweet visitors. Thanks for hosting and I hope that you have a wonderful week.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Aren't they grand all in a row like that! Great shots, Lydia.
    Thanks for taking part in the "My Sunday Best" meme.

    ReplyDelete
  13. What lovely little show offs! How long is your linky open? I keep missing it. :(

    ReplyDelete