Thursday 7 July 2022

Kangaroos

 Australia seems to have two seasons. Wet and Cold & Wet. As the flood waters and constant rain hits Sydney and the surrounding areas, it's hard to remember the pre-lockdown years when everything was more normal. If it isn't canceled due to COVID, it's canceled due to the weather...

We ventured up to the Hunter, checking the live traffic for road closures before leaving. The deluge continued while there, and the Snowtime in the Hunter Valley Gardens was closed for the day.

The next morning, I got up for my morning Roo chasing (with camera in hand) but the misty morning light did not really work with my camera. And I didn't want to use the flash on the animals. So I played around with setting and this was the best I could get....(previous year's attempts were much better).

So here we are. Fingers crossed for some sunshine next week.


There were plenty of joeys around in their mamas pouches. Sleeping, waking and feeding.


A little blurry of the joey but an action series of him trying to get his head out and comfortable in the pouch. 







21 comments:

  1. Such cool pictures of these kangaroos! How delightful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ...Kangaroos are so intriguing, I've never seen one before in person.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So very cool. I love Roos. Very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great photos, Lydia! There is something very odd going on with your blog. It wouldn't let me access any links until I clicked on "all posts" and searched to find this particular one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ooooh. Sorry. I don't know. I have a new laptop that may fix all these things. Today's job is switching over...fingers crossed. I suspect it's a blogger issue but I have no idea how to fix any of it....so I'm wishfully thinking it's the dying laptop.

      Delete
  5. Oh, wie süß! Mit dem Kleinen in der Tasche :-). Ich liebe Kängurus!
    Liebe Grüße
    Ingrid

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Google translate says pocket - which is super cute!! I will think of it as her pocket (there's a story ion that somewhere)

      Delete
  6. Hello Lydia,
    Awesome photos of the kangaroos. The little ones in the pouches are adorable. I would love to see them in the wild, I only have seen them in zoos. Great critter post. Thank you for linking up and sharing your post. Take care, enjoy your day and have a happy new week! PS, thank you for leaving me a comment.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I would love to see kangaroos in person. They are cute.

    Thank you for joining the Awww Mondays Blog Hop.

    Have a fabulous Awww Monday and week. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  8. Absolutely love these photos enjoyed your post

    Have a hoptastic week 👍

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fascinating photos. I've only seen 'roos in zoos, and I don't think they are generally bred while in captivity so I've never seen them with young.
    Thanks for sharing at http://image-in-ing.blogspot.com/2022/07/milkweed-visitors.html

    ReplyDelete
  10. I didn't know it was so rainy in Australia. That's interesting to me. I love seeing the kangaroos.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What amazing pictures! Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  12. The little ones sure are cute in the pouches! What neat photos. Enjoy your week!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks for sharing these delightful photos! This is the closest I've ever been to one!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I can only imagine seeing these in the wild! Wonderful (although I have read that sometimes they can be pests, they are exotic and fascinating to me!)

    ReplyDelete