Wednesday 16 November 2022

"Happiness is not a goal...it's a by-product of a life well-lived." Eleanor Roosevelt

And I am living well this week.


It's been busy with work during the day but I was at Allen Stone on Tuesday (one of the best things about where I live, is that I can have dinner with the kids and then run up the road to see the gig....so going out but also still being at home...)

Tonight I have dinner and the Wharf review friends tonight. Now that my NYE and Field Day plans are cancelled (in order to not get COVID before flying OS), I have my celebration this Friday, so to speak. The party posse are having dinner then heading off to Hot Dub, and then I pull up the next day at Harbourlife for Claptone...I'm so excited. The only cloud on the horizon is actual clouds. Both are outdoors so fingers crossed it's sunny and the rain (or freezing hail of yesterday!) stays away.

So I'm all smiles.

What's the #OneSmallThing making you happy this week?

Linking with #SundayBest #TheRandom  #HappyTuesday #WordlessWednesday #KeithsRambling #OneSmallThing


You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

Click here to enter

6 comments:

  1. Eleanor Roosevelt's saying is perfect, dear Lydia!
    Of course I'll keep my fingers crossed for you.
    My highlight of the last few days was a visit to the International Glass Days. (And this week I'm also trying to stay at home to avoid getting Covid, because a trip is coming up...)
    All the best
    and have a good time!
    Traude
    https://rostrose.blogspot.com/2022/11/internationale-glastage-in-der.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's the new normal - staying home to go travelling. We are skipping NYE this year because we fly out onthe 2nd.

      Delete
  2. Love that quote and it's so very true.

    So many things that are making me happy this week. It's good to look at the happy things in our lives.

    Thank you for joining the Happy Tuesday Blog Hop.

    Have a fabulous Happy Tuesday. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can sense your happiness! I know it sounds silly, but the one thing that's made me really happy this week is 'Wednesday' on Netflix!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not silly at all! In lockdown, wholesome shows like Schitts Creek (or the Anthony Horowitz clever, funny, adorable Hawthorne Mysteries) really lifted my spirits and changed my mood. Not heard of this show so will check out.

      Delete
  4. We must try and live life to the fullest even in the midst of any adversity, Lydia. What made me happy this week was hearing from an old friend to whom I had not spoken for ages. We yakked and yakked... Thank you for taking part in the "My Sunday Best" meme.

    ReplyDelete