Wednesday 21 December 2022

Holiday #Allseasons



Every Christmas we go up to the Hunter Valley for the Christmas lights, usually with a group of school friends and their famillies. Last few years it's been dwindling, and this year we just took a firend of my kiddo with us. But they had a great time so it was still deemed a success. I know this tradition will end soon, but apparently it's still a go for another year....

  


It was unseasonally cold so I was thankful that I chucked in my polar fleece hoodie at the last minute.   
Linking with #WeekendReflection


The tradition for me in this tradition is that I get up early to take photos of the kangaroos. 



While I didn't get any great shots this year, I did have a flock of turkeys waddle past, gobbling loudly. They really do make that noise which I'd never heard. That was surprsingly a highlight for me!


This #Allseasons will be open until New Year, and then the blog will be shut until the end of January.



My seasonal wishes to you all: 

May there be food on your table,
Love in your home,
Peace in every country (this makes me sad but I wish it so I'll say it),
Radiant health and endless happiness. 

For those of you who have a difficult time at this time of year, I raise a glass to you and say 'Here's to being yourself and being loved for it!'





And as the excitement for the 2023 Dakar that is fast approaching builds (the Hinos have landed! Yeah, baby!), I'll also wish that while 2020-22 saw us all in rocky terain, may 2023 be full gas! Here's to better things ahead and appreciating what we have when we have it!

I know this isn't a great pic but it's just for the sunset....



Until I return in Feb, have a great break and stay safe. Drive carefully and for the Aussies, remember the double demerits.




My Insta will be running (because I'm addicted to my phone) if you miss me too much.

Until next year!

Linking with #WWOT #ThruMyLens #TheRandom

All Seasons is open from Friday through Wednesday 5pm, Sydney Time. 

1. Please link one  'seasonal' post a week. 

2. Make sure you link back to this  #AllSeasons post.

3. Please comment on the post before yours and the hosts. Don't dump and run or I will delete your posts. It's rude.




You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

Click here to enter


13 comments:

  1. What nice lights! My kids always enjoyed seeming them when they were small! Hope you have a good Christmas! SM

    ReplyDelete
  2. I adore these beautiful holiday night shots! Wishing you holidays as beautiful as your photos

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, we´ve got a similar installation here - yet is has a little bit of snow. Have a good time and all the best
    Violetta

    ReplyDelete
  4. We're finally seeing some Summer here in Melbourne! All the lights of the season are wonderful these balmy evenings! Thanks for hosting, Lydia.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What fab captures love the lights display so vibrant and colourful :-)

    Have a seasonaltastic week 🎄🎄🎄🎄👍

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fine photos of all those Christmas lights.

    ReplyDelete
  7. ...the lights are fabulous, but the kangaroos and the Santa are my favorites.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It seems your turkeys look different from ours. Your world is so full of delights. The lights are stunning.
    Thanks for sharing at https://image-in-ing.blogspot.com/2022/12/want-easy-snack-recipe.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you for hosting us! Wishing you and yours a brilliant holiday season and a good year ahead

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you for hosting sweet Lady!
    Sending blessings of Joy on the New Year approaching,
    to you and your dear ones
    XO Daniela at ~ My little old world ~ (Dany)

    ReplyDelete
  11. That Christmas lights show looks great, dear Lydia.
    And I'm always happy to see kangaroos anyway :-DD
    I wish you and your loved ones good luck and health in the new year! 🥂🍀😌
    All the best, Traude
    https://rostrose.blogspot.com/2023/01/costa-rica-1-kapitel-einleitung.html

    ReplyDelete
  12. I really do like light displays, no chance of it being cold here, apart from 1 day of drizzle it's been hot and muggy.

    ReplyDelete