Saturday 17 December 2022

My year in review




It's been a pretty tough year for me. A lot of negative stuff going on. So when I was given this Gin from a friend, I thought it was possibly the most perfect present for me. And 100% my vibes.








However, when I scroll back on my Instagram, my visual diary and happy place, it's been a pretty sensational year too. I'm not going to apologise for my artistic highlight reel (I don't get BeReal - I can just look at my own BeReal out my own eyeballs, and it bores me so why would anyone else want to see it? Except Pierre Gasly's, I like his BeReal, what I've seen of it).






I digress. 2022 saw a beach holiday in Sydney, trip to Canberra, two trips to Newcastle and Hobart, Melbourne, Currawong, Narooma to swim with seals, Merimbula (for the magnificent Curtis Harding at Wanderer Festival) and a week on Lord Howe Island. It's been strange having only one kid in tow on holidays. 

Our eldest moved back in after a year and a bit out, just to regroup in the rental market but it's nice for everyone to have a full house again.



I saw plenty of bands, and much dancing in crowds which always makes me happy. VIVID returned. We had friends from the US and Greece came to visit. 

Plenty of art, theatre and fun. Parties were back on.

All in all, there's little to complain about when you look atthe good with the bad. It's a good reminder not to get bogged down in the heavy stuff. Go out of your house or simply out of your head.


So there will be a final #Allseasons that will remain open until the end of Jan.

#OneSmallThing is finished for the year and will return in Feb.

I wish you all much happiness (and good health) over the holiday break. 

Happy Whatever you celebrate.

Remember Christmas and time with family can be difficult and approximately one million Australians (4%) have an eating disrorder so no comments (postive or negative) on people's appearance or what they are eating. Make your gift to the people you love an enjoyable time spent together.

Remember your freinds who lost someone or divorced this year. This might be their first Christmas with that hole at the table. Don't forget to reach out, even if the loss was back in January.

Lastly, be kind to yourself (and the planet). It's a lot of fuss for one day, but none of it really matters. It happens regardless of how you celebrate it, and it's better without the stress.

I will be on Instagram over the hols.


Linking with  MakroTex #SundayBest #SkyWatch #MCoW #WednesdayAroundtheWorld #HeidisHeavenlyGaze



RachelSwirl




12 comments:

  1. nice Summer skies, a nice cold gin and tonic is good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Lydia,
    yes, that sounds like a good year. Even if it wasn't always full of positive feelings, it turned out great - and you got out of your head to allow this development!
    I love your words about Christmas! Yes, Christmas is not always just an all-round happy celebration, but sometimes also a difficult one - you summed that up very well!
    However you shape it: I wish you and your loved ones a Merry Christmas
    and all the best for 2023, Traude
    🍎🕯️🎄🌟🎄🕯️🍎
    https://rostrose.blogspot.com/2022/12/costa-ricanische-weihnachtsgrue.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love that Gin, just plain great. Here´s a tip for you. 1/4 of Gin & 3/4 of Grapefruit Lemonade. What´s fucking next? Hangover. 😁

    ReplyDelete
  4. A wonderful year in review post. Happy holidays and cheers!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What more could you ask for when you look back on the past year and the good things outweigh the bad ones? The sky photos are beautiful, life is wonderful!
    We can't bring back a single day, we mustn't forget that, but that can also be a consolation: even the worst day never comes back! Let's look to the future with hope:
    "Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!"
    LG Heidi

    ReplyDelete
  6. So sorry it has been a tough year for you, I hope 2023 is better for you. Beautiful photos! x

    ReplyDelete
  7. I adore the purple skylines in these shots. Thanks for linking up and sharing your snapshots with #MySundaySnapshot throughout 2022. Here's to further photographs in 2023, may all your wishes come true this year :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful skies and yes, 2023 owes us a better deal! Thank you for linking up to the "My Sunday Best" meme and my best wishes to you for a Happy New Year, however you may define "happy", Lydia.

    ReplyDelete