Sunday 23 April 2023

Share Four Somethings - April


Something I'm Loving:
 Live Music. I had such a good time at Bluesfest, and not ready to let it go I've been to a few gigs since. I really loved seeing the different offerings and styles. Last night we went to Claire's Kitchen for a dinner and show. For $100 you get three courses of food of a very good standard, not the normal dinner & show meal. Lovely setting, and intimate performance. I think I have a break for a week but then another gig. I am however at the Ballet this week, which is something I don't normally do.






As an aside, there are plenty of live clips on my Insta of music now (given my stills are so terrible! Ha!)












If music, singing and dance isn't the quickest way to make lift your soul, I don't know what is. 




Something I'm Reading: A text from a doctor that instead of saying 'It's all good, don't worry about it' read that I have 'an ill-defined area of fatty echogenic change...[that] possibly relates to a fat necrosis'.... Seriously medicial terminology is designed to make you feel bad! Why would you call it that?



Something I'm Learning: I did learn of the Erfurt latrine disaster. It appears to be true, as I found mention of it in a Cambridge University Press book. History is just the weirdest thing ever. Not for the weak stomachs so I've linked to the Wiki page if you're interested. 

Something I'm Eating: We went to Pilu on the weekend and as always the food (& views) were spectacular. Everything about it was sublime, except me being me, ate too much and made myself feel sick. My very boring plant forward cholesterol diet is turning me vegetarian and causing me trouble with all the foods I loved...cheese, crackling, too much seafood....stupid old age, stupid health....


But it was a really lovely afternoon with longtime friends, so all in all a perfect day.



All in all a very good, if not weird, month so I'll keep smiling....

That's all from me and my big fat necrosis.










Linking with #ShareFourSomethings #Dreamteam #FriendshipFriday #WWandP #WednesdayAroundtheWorld #MCoW #Bluemonday for the last pic


loopyloulaura






26 comments:

  1. That food does look lovely...but not the sound of the fatty necrosis. Take care and keep on dancing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Lydia your posts are always so interesting. Great to see Blues Fest back and I used to enjoy going to the Ballet. I admire the way you just get out there and immerse yourself in life. Have a great week. #WWandP

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Lydia - it looks like a fabulous month to me! Diverse range of stimulating activities and fun. You sure do get out there amongst it and do some interesting things! I'm feeling very boring in comparison! lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Lydia - great to hear how much you've been enjoying the Blues fest - not so great news about the fatty necrosis - keep us posted on how it all goes and I hope it's just a blip on your radar and not something more serious.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like the first pic. Nice atmosphere.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lots going on in your life by the sounds of things Lydia but what on earth is fatty necrosis? Hopefully your health improves with your 'boring' diet plan, it's not much fun having to replace the good things in life sometimes. Take it easy and enjoy your concerts and the ballet!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's dead fat tissue (usually due to injury or loss of blood supply) - nothing serious, just looks super freaky on my leg as it's a big dent

      Delete
  7. I googled the fatty liver thing but not googling the latrine thing! Loving that you're enjoying live music. A friend of mine from here went to Bluesfest - does every year I think and had a good time. Not as wet as usual I noted!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's not a fatty liver! It's a dent in my leg, caused by dead fat tissue, possibly caused by an injury (that clumsy me forgot about)...tho there's a good chance the liver is fat too....

      Delete
  8. A feast for the eyes! Enjoy the ballet, it's great to have a change now and again.

    ReplyDelete
  9. That looks like fun. I haven't seen live music in quite a while. I love the sky in that first photo!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Doctors hey! Who knew that was helpful for you?? No-one. A long time ago, probably ten to 15 years ago, making me around 55 ish, my gut (IBS) & gall bladder stopped me from eating fatty stuff and food in any quantity other than small. Now, of course, I have even more of an eating challenge, and whilst I can "look" at foods I loved, I cannot eat them without a penalty I don't want to pay. Enjoy in smaller servings, as I know just a taste and a texture changes helps me.....(wise words not asked for but given!) Great to see your post in the link up for Wednesday’s Words and Pics. Thank you! Hope to see you next week too. Denyse.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you for your weekend coffee share. Even though the food looks good, a change in diet is not easy. Have a fun-filled May!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I think your food looks delicious! But then again I've been back and forth between "regular" eating and being a vegetarian for years and years.

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a fun month, Lydia! The food pics are amazing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Enjoyed your post! Thank you! Have a grand weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  15. The music clip is great, this music puts you in a good mood!
    I love the glowing sky, perfect for an evening of live music.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Live music does sound fun and refreshing!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Looks like you had a great April#dreamteam

    ReplyDelete
  18. Nothing better than live music being back. I've already been to several really good shows this year. Enjoy! #dreamteam

    ReplyDelete
  19. I haven't been to but one concert in my life. I wasn't overly impressed because I could hardly see the singer or hear it. It was weird. But I've had so many people like yourself that mentioned that live music events are the best. It makes me want to give it another shot.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love your four somethings posts :-) What a fab month. You are so right about music lifting your soul. That concert looks so much fun. Have you got more lined up for the summer? Thank you for joining us for the #DreamTeam xx

    ReplyDelete
  21. I want to go to a ballet! Sorry to hear of your food issues :( Thanks for linking up with #DreamTeam

    ReplyDelete